Records Management Specialist I 9/10/2016
Navarro Research and Engineering
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Records Management Specialist I in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Receive and process records for storage, including receipt verification, data entry, and quality checking. Search records holdings and respond to records retrieval and other stakeholder requests (e.g., Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, Energy Employees Occupational Illness Program Act, Congressional Inquiries, Litigation, and other routine requests. Track weekly production status. Index paper and electronic records. Digitize paper, microfiche, microfilm, and other records. Verify the accuracy of records transfer receipts to contents of records boxes; tracks flow of incoming and outgoing boxes/records. Accurately perform data entry and quality checks of specific and relevant information into Records Management databases. Follow appropriate procedures and manuals governing Records Management activities and responsibilities. Review and update relevant procedures as needed. Create and maintain electronic records and digital surrogates according to established procedures and Government regulations. Protect and identify sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure according to Government regulations and guidance. Identify and resolve problems related to normal job duties; suggest and implement process improvements related to position and/or department. Attend required training and keep current necessary qualifications related job duties. Ensure protection of Government equipment and property. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Records Management, History, or Library Science.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and orientation.
- Must have excellent computer skills in maintaining databases, including entering, searching, and retrieving information.
- Requires analytical skills and attention to detail to verify information and ensure accurate storage and retrieval of records.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with a variety of individuals and customers.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize tasks.
- Position requires lifting of boxes/records frequently weighing 25 – 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.