This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Records Technician
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Engineering Support Technician at our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. Hyster-Yale Group designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
Hyster-Yale Group is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Engineering Support team.
T his is a position that has ample room for rapid growth into a supervisory role depending on a candidates interests and abilities to adsorb new knowledge, processes, and computer systems.
The position would start with basics, learning core Hyster-Yale Records data and computer software systems, and using those systems effectively. An apprenticeship approach will be used in developing this position. Time will be spent learning and performing the job function of all current employees within the Records group. These functions include:
* Leverage vendor/supplier documentation to import their engineering part data and supporting information into Hyster-Yale systems.
* Interacting with Design Engineering to understand various technical aspects of new technology (i.e. Fuel Cells, EV).
* Working with process owners to understand Hyster-Yale processes and maintain standards as necessary.
* Interaction with IT to administer and maintain computer software and systems.
* Read and understand complex technical processes documentation and the standards governing those documents.
* Create or modify engineering bills of materials to comply with internal Records standards or process requirements.
* Understand and review Engineering drawings for compliance to applicable standards and processes.
* Using ProEngineer (Creo2) to perform basic CAD operations associated with updating Engineering Records.
* Work within an Oracle based PLM system to maintain Engineering Records.
* Training of users in Hyster-Yale systems
* Work within Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, or Word to maintain data.
As this role progresses it is expected that successful candidates will grow a comprehensive knowledge of how the data 'flows' within systems and processes and take on the role of a solutions architect. Using their knowledge, opportunities for improvement will be identified and creative problem solving skills applied to find better ways of accomplishing tasks. Direct programming experience is not required. Successful candidates will be able to effectively communicate their needs to IT programmers using flowcharts, PowerPoint, or Excel data models and actively participate in meetings with topic and system-level experts to find the best approach to a problem. Successful candidates will also transition to a supervisory position and will be responsible for directing daily activities of the Records Group and its personnel.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience related to IT solutions architecture, engineering/manufacturing of electromechanical products, or project management.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and technical manuals.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Critical thinker with proven problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to detail and quality.
* Ability to focus on complex tasks.
* Proficient user of computer systems with aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word (i.e. filtering, formulas, formatting).
* Ability to understand lift truck systems (engines, axles, etc) and new technology
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.