Recovery Coach - Bilingual Spanish/English
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
Jamaica Plain, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Recovery Coach (RC) will provide peer recovery support services to English- and Spanish-speaking patients with substance use disorder (SUD) and will assist patients in achieving sustained recovery. This position will facilitate patient access to recovery-oriented substance use disorder treatment, resources, and community recovery groups. The RC will bridge the segregated treatment system into a more holistic care model through providing support across multiple systems and frameworks of care. This position will maintain ongoing patient support regardless of relapse and will serve as a motivator, ally, role model, problem-solver, and advocate for patients with substance use disorders. The RC should possess thorough understanding of community culture to address the barriers to successful recovery, better tailor health messages, and provide links to community resources and treatment options.
The responsibilities included in this position are the following:
* Serves as a liaison between the recovery community, the addiction treatment system, the medical treatment system, and the patients community, family, and social context to facilitate connections across systems of care
* Works collaboratively with treatment team to implement evidence-based services to patients with SUD
* Addresses barriers to successful recovery and serves as role model and advocate
* Conducts active outreach efforts to encourage attendance and participation in recovery-oriented, self-help, and pro-social groups
* Assists with access to treatment for SUD and co-occurring conditions, creating systems and procedures to rapidly identify treatment needs and determine appropriate level of care. Assists with data collection for quality assurance and program evaluation
The position will be based primarily at community health centers in Jamaica Plain.
* High school diploma required
* Minimum of 2 years in sustained recovery
* Bilingual Spanish/English required
* Recovery coach certification required within first 12 months of employment
* Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team of psychologists, physicians, social workers, and nurses
* Strong advocacy skills along with knowledge of community based services, resources, and local recovery community
* Comfort with multiple pathways to recovery from SUD and willingness to embrace a patient-centered approach that recognizes an individuals preferences and autonomy (recovery by any means necessary)
* Comfort in working in both medical and social service settings
* Clinical skills in motivational enhancement strategies
* Ability to provide accurate feedback without judgment or discomfort
* Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen needs or circumstances
* Excels at problem solving and multi-tasking, organized, efficient and goal directed
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients/families and staff
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Effective use of the Internet and Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Ability to handle confidential information
Equal Opportunity Employer