Recreation Specialist (Part-Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
Chugach Alaska Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Responsible for carrying out general student recreation activities including competitive and non-competitive sports, arts and crafts, and other activities, in compliance with government, corporate, and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Assists the Recreation Manager in planning, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program by soliciting student input for activities that attract voluntary participation.
* Recruits and motivates students to participate in the activities.
* Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreational activities on and off Center.
* Conducts recreation and wellness classes.
* Supervises and transports students on Center recreation functions.
* Coordinates the new student recreation orientation program.
* Supervises all recreation areas. Ensures a positive and safe atmosphere.
* Implements Centers creative arts and crafts programs and activities, as needed.
* Promotes and participates in cultural activities.
* Provides special recreation activities for parents and children.
* Cleans, sanitizes, and organizes recreation facility and equipment.
* Maintains accountability of students and property. Adheres to standard safety practices.
* Cultivates and maintains a Center climate, which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
* Promotes student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition, and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
* Participates in mandatory Department of Transportation/Commercial Drivers License drug and alcohol testing program and medical certification.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
* Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
* Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
* Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
* Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
* Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* One (1) year related experience working with youth.
* Must obtain Water Safety training within 90-days of hire.
* Must be able to obtain commercial drivers license (CDL) within ninety (90) days of employment.
* Obtain and maintain mandatory DOT/CDL medical certification.
* Successfully pass and participate in the mandatory DOT/CDL drug and alcohol testing program
* Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
* Ability to obtain & maintain valid Drivers License and an acceptable driving record.
* Associates Degree in counseling, social work, rehabilitation, education, recreation, or related field.
* Previous experience within a recreation program in a school or park system.