This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and container board, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
The Recruiter will assist in the development, plaing, and evaluations of the external recruitment and/or internal mobility to satisfy the organizations staffing requirements.
* Regularly meets with HR Manager and business leaders to determine current and future staffing needs.
* Helps to build staffing plan and recruiting activities around staffing plans/needs.
* Identify source, contact, screen and interview candidates.
* Review resumes and find appropriate skill sets, competencies, experience and knowledge in relation to the position requirements.
* Provides information on company operations and available job opportunities to potential applicants. Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing.
* Provide initial screening for manager to obtain work history and experience, education, job skills and salary requirements.
* Provide recommendations, feedback, and follow up with management and HR on recruitment status.
* Develops sourcing methodologies across a variety of markets and geographies (urban, suburban, rural).
* Manage requisitions through the applicant tracking system.
* Extends offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Greifs compensation policy and federal and state employment law.
* Maintains accurate documentation on all recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required.
* Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies.
* Seek out and develop positive relationships with internal and external clients to maintain a pool of qualified candidates.
* Develops and maintains relationships with external employment sources, including research and employment agencies in an effort to maintain an effective recruitment program.
* Bachelors Degree
* 2-5 years experience in recruiting for manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering, and for corporate roles as well, finance, HR, tax, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated work experience in interviewing, candidate selection, and knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
* Excellent oral, written, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills, extensive knowledge of laws governing human resources issues.
* Must be well organized and have the ability to deal with multiple projects.
* Organizational agility a must.
* Basic Computer software and HRIS skills required.
Some travel as required
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran