Recycle Center Yard Help
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Waste Pro, USA
Saint Augustine, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Recycle Center Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
* Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
* Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
* Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
* Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
* Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
* Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
* Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
* Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Inside facility, exposed to weather and vibrations from equipment and maintenance facility. Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Be able to follow safe operating practices.
* Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
* Be able and willing to work in a team environment
* Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
* Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, climbing steps, and overhead reaching.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.