This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Waste Pro Recycle Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to manually pick up recycling. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
* Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
* Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
* Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
* At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
* Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
* Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
* Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
* Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
* Maintain written records and service responses.
* Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 120-150 a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 120-150 a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 120-150 a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 120-150 a day
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions? (heat, cold, rain and snow)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.