Reference Data Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis role is for the reference Data team. They are looking for a strong Javadeveloper with multi threading and database knowledge (ideally Sybase). The role will be 75% development, and 25% support. Finance is not necessary but is preferred.
* Design, Develop, Test & Release enhancements to reference data applications including re-engineering / strategic changes, major projects, small enhancements, production fixes and production support
* Work with the local support of team, attending cross-regional support conference calls, and participate in efforts to meet the responsibilities agreed to in the support meetings.
SKILLS - ESSENTIAL
* Experience working in IT in an investment banking environment, ideally in a development role related to instrument and or client reference data applications
* Min 5+ years of experience in building Java/J2EE enterprise applications.
* Knowledge of building scalable apps using techniques like multithreading, SOA etc.
* Understanding of standard design patterns
* Hands on knowledge about testing tools like Junit.
* Hands on knowledge about web services (SOAP/REST).
* Working knowledge of build tools like Maven/Ant and version management systems.
* Messaging frameworks and APIs XML, JMS,MQ
* Knowledge of source control tools (SVN, Clear case)
* Strong problem solving skills and should be able to work independently.
* SQL (querying ability, scripting, stored procedures) , preferably Sybase