Referral Coordinator - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Referral Coordinator - Full Time
Job Id: 44775
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: Improving the health of America s workforce, one patient at a time. Our commitment is that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: quality clinical care and a positive customer experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues. We do this by putting all customers first and by displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
The Referral Management Coordinator maintains high standards for quality and an exceptional patient experience in accordance with Concentra s policies, procedures and applicable regulations. The Referral Management Coordinator works closely with physicians, employers and payors placing customer services as a top priority to achieve a positive impact on the cost and quality of care rendered to the injured employee.
* First point of escalation for all case related issues requiring guidance
* Responsible for daily completion of assigned patient referrals, while meeting production requirements
* Reviews, processes and supports Specialist referral requests by Concentra sites as defined by the market
* Obtains authorization for Specialist referrals and schedules appointments accordingly
* Ensures that appropriate networks and Concentra Advanced Specialists are used when applicable
* Provides all necessary information such as medical records, prescriptions, etc. to payor
* Communicates with stakeholders, payor, employer, and patient as appropriate
* Records all appropriate information via OA/CR module of OccuSource per Concentra policy
* Builds relationships with provider, employer and payor communities
* Identifies trends or patterns in missed capture and opportunities to gain capture; Communicates these ideas and trends to Lead and Supervisor
* Handles calls according to the call guidelines of the department
* Participates in quality assurance processes including but not limited to the audit program, case reviews and training sessions
* Other duties as assigned
* Directly responsible for meeting performance requirements and accurate completion of daily assignment
* Reports to Referrals Supervisor
* High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
* Proficiency with scheduling / insurance verification software
* Minimum of 1 year experience in medical field - service delivery (referrals, claims, insurance, billing, etc.)
* Experience with Worker's Compensation preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
* Must display proper business etiquette and be skilled in the arts of diplomacy and tact
* Excellent time management skills including the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
* Attention to detail
* Exemplary decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to build and maintain productive business relationships
Working conditions/physical demands
* Office environment
* This position requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra Is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.