Referral & Pre Authorization Coordinator - Carol Stream, IL - FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Carol Stream, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Pre-Authorization Coordinator consistently provides the highest level of customer service over the phone and in person. This position performs clerical functions in an accurate and timely manner which contributes to the efficient operation of the office. The coordinator researches the criteria for each patients insurance to insure coverage.
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years of medical office experience. Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's, PPO's, private insurance companies.
* ICD9 and CPT knowledge. Keyboard skills 35-40 wpm. Basic computer knowledge, data entry. Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to assess and determine situations requiring an interpreter, and to use interpreter services effectively.
* High school graduate or equivalent
* At least one year working in a customer service position.
* Second language proficiency a plus. Experience with EPIC EMR.