This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Refrigeration Mechanic installs and repairs
industrial and commercial refrigerating systems
according to blueprints and engineering specifications,
using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, and
function and design of components.
* Maintain and perform preventative maintenance
activities on ammonia refrigeration systems.
* Complete accurate and timely documentation of
* Observe and test system operation, using gauges and
* Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and
installing refrigeration equipment.
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any
problems and/or concerns that may restrict the
efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear,
legible and accurate format, and completed with
required information. Ensure all required
information is documented in accordance with SOP s.
* Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory
by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of
all required PPE in designated areas, confined space
safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints,
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area. Report
any food safety and food quality related issues to
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or three to
four years related experience and/or training; or,
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration
* Physical demand requirements- Stand, walk, kneel and
bend required for virtually the entire shift.
Occasionally required to climb or balance.
Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
* Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with
moderate noise. Hard and slippery floors. Exposure
to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside
weather conditions, and extreme cold.
* Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.