Refrigeration Mechanical Engineering Technician
SUMMARY: Install, perform routine maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment consistent with Seaboard policies and procedures and FSIS regulations. Duties may involve (but not limited to) maintain electrical and/or mechanical equipment, welding and fabrication, pipe fitting, boiler maintenance, insulating, installing, aligning and balancing new equipment, repair to building structure, floors, or stairs. Follow safety rules and regulations as established by Seaboard.
GENERAL include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
* Perform timely repair, routine maintenance and preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in the system used during regular operations at the Plant.
* Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
* Read work orders and specifications to determine if machines and equipment require replacement, repair or maintenance.
* Inspect drives, motors, belts, and other operating devices. Check fluid levels, clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions following established checklists.
* Recognize, diagnose mechanical problems and determine corrective action needed. Check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
* Must be able to read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams.
* Keep accurate and timely work records and turn in paperwork as required
REFRIGERATION include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
* Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flow meters, thermometers, or other measurement devises or equipment; adjust controls to maintain specified settings such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
* Operate pumps and/or conveyor or other delivery systems; operate valves in order to heat, transfer products, refrigerants, or other mixes.
* Install, maintain and repair computerized electronic pneumatic and digital direct control devices related to the ammonia refrigeration system.
* Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with specifications, detect and locate malfunctions.
ELECTRONIC/SCALE include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
* Install, set, program, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and/or repair electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to, X-ray machine, metal detectors, weighing systems, motor control, PLC, circuit boards, fuses, and relays.
* Read and interpret electromechanical drawings, schematics and other diagrams.
* Must be skilled in the use of electrical measuring instruments and computers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or (GED) required; 2 year technical degree or greater preferred, one or more years experience in related field preferred, or combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, and work orders in the English language. Bilingual ability in both spoken and written Spanish and English is preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work with all types of electrical equipment and tools Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The duties of this job requires a person to stoop, bend, work off of knees, climb ladders and work in high areas up to 130 feet, work in dark areas and work in confined spaces after trained to do so. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Overtime and changes in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer