Refrigeration Service Manager-Grand Rapids, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Gordon Food Service
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gordon Food Service Stores (Retail Division) line our shelves with the most popular food service products to serve any food service operation or event. We're constantly growing into new communities, and with more than 170 locations in the U.S., we offer a conveniently located, one-stop shopping experience.
As you can imagine each store is full of Refrigerators, Chillers, Freezers, and more to ensure Food Quality & Safety Standards.
Directing the Refrigeration & Facilities Maintenance teams is our Corporate Refrigeration/Facilities Manager responsibility. Ensuring all systems, processes, standard operations practices, and training are in place and well-executed.
Primary functions of this position include:
* Collaborate with new store design team and engineering for optimum planning and improvements.
* Lead a team of Regional Refrigeration Specialists, providing operational oversight, trouble-shooting & diagnostics.
* Cultivate, negotiate, and manage all vendor partnerships, including 3rd party contract technician contracts, pricing, and service level goals and measurements.
* Ideate tools, resources, and systems to ensure store teams & contractors have the right training and knowledge for sustainable operations.
* Conduct MEP system audits using asset management tools.
* Actively participate in the Facilities On-Call Program.
* Travel up to 50% of the year (Company Credit Card).
* Five years' experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building control and supermarket refrigeration systems in conjunction with at least two years of project management experience required.
* Experience with multi-unit retail refrigeration/maintenance operations - highly preferred.
* Demonstrate successful leadership and collaboration across varying levels within the organization and through distance.
* 2 years Project Management experience preferred, but not required.
* Refrigerant Use License required; Mechanical License preferred.
* Facilities Management Program Certification preferred.
* Valid State Driver's License required.
* Frequent travel 50% of time.
Equipment, Tools, Technology:
* Skilled in or ability to use: CPC Ultra Site, Trane Tracker, VPM, Terminal Server programming.
* Skilled in programming of micro processing controls (input/output boards), energy management controller diagnostics.
* Knowledge of various test meters.
* Skilled of tools and equipment used for refrigeration and HVAC trades work.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.