This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The purpose of Refrigeration Technician is to maintain, diagnose, repair, rebuild, adjust, perform preventive maintenance and install equipment within and around the facility so as to keep the production operational and have zero loss of production. This individual will perform the duties of a Refrigeration Technician and assist other maintenance personnel on his/her shift and will be responsible for all necessary paperwork and documentation as they relate to the job.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability."
* Strong knowledge of basic mechanics
* Knowledge of basic HVAC
* Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration
* Strong knowledge of drive components
* Knowledge of selecting and maintaining bearings
* Knowledge the operation of pumps
* Knowledge of developing hydraulic troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of basic pneumatics
* Knowledge of developing pneumatic troubleshooting skills
* Install and replace bearing and shaft seals
* Adhere to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lock out-Tag out procedures and Process Safety Management related items
* Strong reading, math, writing, analytical skills required and high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must be able to work weekends as needed
* Must able to lift 100 pounds
* Must be able to work in confined spaces
* Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test
* Must be able to work in -40 to degree temperatures
* Must not be afraid of heights
* Perform assigned tasks efficiently with minimum supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Plant environment will include wet, damp, cold, slippery and loud conditions with moving parts, and vibrating parts.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area.