Refrigeration Technician 8/19/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
* The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
* This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
* Operate and maintain the steam, refrigeration, compressed air and heating systems in the Champaign plant following PSM guidelines. Responsible for assuring equipment is in a safe operable condition and must operate the equipment in a safe manner.
* Equipment operated: steam boilers, ammonia refrigeration equipment, air compressors, cooling towers, all HVAC equipment, all Freon systems, lift trucks, man lifts.
* Position mainly reports on 3rd shift.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
* Perform the duties of the utilities department consistent with plant policy and standards with respect to product quality GMPs and safety.
* Operate boilers, ammonia refrigeration system and compressed air system.
* Participate and be active in the Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
* The safe and efficient operation of boilers, compressors, condensers and all other equipment associated with the Utilities department.
* Monitor fire alarm panel, coordinate response team.
* Ammonia evacuation.
* Operate and maintain chilled water system.
* Monitor chemical treatment for cooling towers and boiler water.
* Preventative maintenance on all equipment associated with the Utilities department (i.e. air compressors, pumps, air handler filters, cooler equipment, air handlers, steam system).
* Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair and reassemble all equipment associated with the Utilities department.
* Ammonia, HVAC, and all refrigeration controls.
* Utilities stockroom.
* Exhaust fans (building).
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Position may include quality checks, including but not limited to: GMP, HACCP, and temp chart calibrations.
* Reduce Kraft s Environmental footprint.
* Minimum of four years experience: steam boiler operation and refrigeration background required.
* Licensed in Freon refrigeration repair on al window units, cabinet coolers, water fountains, refrigerators, all main plant Freon refrigeration units.
* Must understand and have basic knowledge of the refrigeration and air conditioning cycle.
* Experience in operation and maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, including screw, vane and reciprocating.
* Experience in operation and maintenance of evaporative condenser system.
* Knowledge in procedures for water treatment systems associated with boiler feed water, cooling towers and condensers.
* Experience in operation and maintenance of compressed air equipment including reciprocating, screw and centrifugal.
* Thorough knowledge of boiler control instrumentation devices including pressure gauges and transmitting devices, flow meters, temperature gauges and transmitters, combustion control, feed water control and safety devices.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.