Refrigeration Technician - Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead Refrigeration Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Refrigeration Technician in Dublin, OH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the operations, repairs, replacement and preventative maintenance of commercial and industrial air conditioning and heating systems, air handlers, fan coil units, controls and other building mechanical and electrical equipment. The individual will report to the Chief Engineer the daily work performed and deficiencies noted. The preferred candidate will be familiar with kitchen and refrigeration equipment and all refrigerants and knowledgable in the BMS operations. The candidate must also be able to perform other facility related tasks such as painting, drywall repair, plumbing and restroom issues, or other tasks as required. The individual must be self-motivated and work with little supervision. Good communication skills; verbal and written are imperative, as one must be able to properly and completely fill out EMCOR required Preventive Maintenance ( PM) forms, job orders/work request forms, inventory forms and daily time sheets. The individual will be responsible for the direct supervision of the Refrigeration Technicians. The individual must maintain safe work practices in support of the OSHA Health and Safety, NFPA 70e and ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Compliance standards as it applies when performing the assigned duties. The individual will be responsible to maintain refrigerant usage logs for the site. The candidate will be required to travel to the Columbus and Grove City facilities as needed.
* High School Diploma or GED
* HVAC Journeyman License is preferred.
* 5 years of experience in maintaining similar type and size commercial equipment, along with a current Universal CFC certification
* Strong oral and written communication required. Ability to prepare reports.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform duties with minimal supervision in isolated areas.
* Knowledge and experience in the proper use and safe operation of hand tools, equipment and testing devices necessary to perform all work assignments.
* Valid Vehicle Operators license
* Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods.
* Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE). e. but not limited to, Dust mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection.
* Working knowledge of desktop computers and Internet based programs to perform required annual training.
* Ability to wear a company uniform and maintain a neat personal appearance.
* Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations.
* Ability to work various schedules and shifts, including on-call.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled