Refrigeration Technician 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Refrigeration Technician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Refrigeration Technician in Orlando, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Refrigeration Technician will be responsible for the operations, repairs, replacement and preventative maintenance of commercial air conditioning and heating systems, walk in boxes and refrigerators, air handlers, fan coil units, water treatment equipment, controls and other building mechanical and electrical equipment. The candidate will take direction from the Chief Engineer. The preferred candidate will be familiar with kitchen and refrigeration equipment and all refrigerants. The individual must be self-motivated and work with little supervision. Good communication skills; verbal and written are imperative, as one must be able to properly and completely fill out EMCOR required Preventive Maintenance ( PM) forms, job orders/work request forms, inventory forms and daily time sheets. The individual must maintain safe work practices in support of the OSHA Health and Safety, NFPA 70e and ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Compliance standards as it applies when performing the assigned duties. The individual will be responsible to complete the refrigerant usage log as required.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Read, write and communicate in the English language.
* 5 years of experience in maintaining similar type and size commercial equipment, along with a current Universal CFC certification
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform duties with minimal supervision in isolated areas.
* Knowledge and experience in the proper use and safe operation of hand tools, equipment and testing devices necessary to perform all work assignments.
* Valid Vehicle Operators license
* Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 75 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE). e. but not limited to, Dust mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection.
* Working knowledge of desktop computers and Internet based programs to perform required annual training.
* Ability to effectively manage and respond to emergency situations.
* Ability to work various schedules and shifts, including on-call.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled