This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY OF POSITION:
Performs refurb work on the cab and chassis of front load, rear load, roll off and automated side load vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnoses mechanical problems and performs repairs and maintenance on all equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
2. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report) and/or repair orders.
3. Communicates with managers and drivers on issues with vehicles and determines preventative techniques to minimize future repairs.
4. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
5. Follows all safety policies and procedures
6. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
7. Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
8. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Knowledge of all maintenance and repair techniques including wiring, hydraulics, air conditioning, brakes, driveline and suspension.
* Ability to make road calls or perform test drives, so a valid driver's license and a clean driving record is a qualification.
* Able to hold and maintain a valid CDL license, preferred
* Mechanical or trade school certification, preferred
* Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles
* Computer skills as required
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.