Regence Business System Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Regence Business Systems Analyst
Portland, OR; Medford, OR; Salem, OR;Tacoma, WA; Seattle, WA; Burlington, WA; Lewiston, ID; Salt Lake City, UT or Telecommute option within these locations
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
In the Regence Business Systems Analyst role you will apply analysis of business systems and automatic data processing solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes for both current and future business needs. In addition you will:
* Consult with business management and information technology staff to define business and work process requirements
* Understand application data requirements, configure applications, test system functionality, document system functionality, train users, apply the use of related tools, and participate in related project work.
* Analyze business processes, tests, and develops improved business processes using functional system design and other techniques such as context diagrams, current and future state process models, key performance indicators, and gap analysis
* Apply business system techniques to recommend solutions to business process issues
Key Qualifications and Experience
* A college degree is desired in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related fields. College degree may be substituted by sufficient years of experience in the health care industry. A minimum of one year experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing is required.
* Some experience with health insurance or general health industry is preferred.
* Experience with a business area that is supported by this position (i.e. claims processing, membership processing, provider relations, etc.) is preferred.
* Experience using programming languages, software tools, and/or a variety of desktop applications is preferred.
* Telecommute is an option near any of our Portland, OR; Medford, OR; Salem, OR;Tacoma, WA; Seattle, WA; Burlington, WA; Lewiston, ID; Salt Lake City, UT locations. Position will start as in office in these locations and will have a future telecommute option.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.