Regional Account Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 2/18/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Digital Sales Manager will be to grow digital revenue for Mundo Hispanico and exceed departmental sales goals by working collaboratively with the entire CMG sales organization (digital, TV, radio & newspaper). This position is also responsible for creating digital programs and distributing to the various sales teams in the various markets. This position will also be responsible for direct sales with national, regional clients and agencies as well as cross selling with CMG markets. Act as SME on Hispanic Vertical for all other CMG and Cox properties as needed.
* Prospect, set meetings, build proposals, present and close revenue across named websites
* Exceed weekly activity goals of sales calls, new client prospecting and sales pipeline
* Strategically develop, create and sell unique, custom sponsorship opportunities across named websites
* Develop new business from non-existing clients, agencies of record and direct advertisers
* Ability to show a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates and packaging
* Necessary to evolve with digital technology and adapt to new product offerings for clients
* Complete understanding of programmatic landscape
* Working independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy and other key issues.
* Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts and revenue projections through a CRM
* Own the entire sales process and retention cycle
* Strategically manage the revenue for clients/agencies by leveraging data and analytics to identify areas of opportunity for growth and ROI enhancement.
* Develop in-depth understanding of clients, their marketing strategies, their organization (decision makers/influencers), and their agencies.
* Strengthen direct client relationships at multiple levels in the organization.
* Develop strong relationships and provide excellent ongoing communication with agencies to ensure they are clearly informed in a timely manner of all opportunities.
* Partner closely with agencies to develop efficient preprint targeting strategies and executions for our shared clients.
* Develop new business opportunities with existing accounts and introducing cross-media advertising strategies when the opportunity arises.
* Build and maintain relationships with external clients and internal departments to meet and exceed revenue and business goals.
* Align clients sales strategies with strategic marketing positions.
* Partner with CMO s, and other Executives clients and agencies to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
* Team selling in conjunction with other CMG media colleagues and partners
* Accurate forecasting of digital revenue for the National site and identify key trends by business segment.
* Work with marketing/creative to create sales collateral to be distributed amongst the sales teams.
* Works with CMG Directors of Revenue Development and CMG Digital on ways to grow revenue
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field, preferred.
* Minimum 3 years with strong preference for 5 years in outside media sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas
* IAB certification a plus
* Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
* Above average knowledge of digital technology
* Exceptional problem solver especially when competing with software and technology
* Strong business development focus
* High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
* Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
* Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
* Excellent analytic and presentation skills; along with negotiating strategy capabilities.
* Multi-market selling experience a plus.
* Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
* Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and industry
* Proficient in Microsoft applications and ACT
* The ability to work at various levels with clients and advertising agencies at all levels of organization; including C-level.
* Solid ability to identify new revenue opportunities,
* The ability to overcome objections
* The ability to sell using research.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
* Ability to manage projects
* Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
* Extensive and ongoing industry information gathering through various resources such as trade publications, competitive media, and industry functions, the internet, etc.
* Frequent travel required. Valid driver s license required along with proof of insurance.
INTERFACE REQUIREMENTS: Internal contacts: General Managers, VP of Advertising (s) Advertising Sales, Advertising Operations, Marketing, finance office and credit, CMG market leadership
External contacts: Local & National Advertising Customers, Local & National Advertising Agencies
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
OTHER LOCATIONS: Florida,US,FL,,|Texas,US,TX,,
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing