Regional Business Manager 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY PROFILE
From humble beginnings as a coffee and vending provider in 1989, Continental has grown into Michigan's largest food management company. Today, our 900 employees provide a wide range of custom dining, refreshment services and catering solutions through an impressive lineup of brands, including: Continental Caf & Catering, Co.Cuisine, Continental Canteen, Market Twenty 4 Seven, Infinity & Ovation Yacht Charters, Waterview Loft at Port Detroit, and Forte Belanger. Dedicated to the simple, yet powerful mission: _Delight Our Guest. Every Meal. Every Day_. Continental enhances its offerings through several specialty brands, including: Great Mark Western (Premium Angus Reserve Beef), Proof Baking Company (All Natural Breads and Sweets) and Built schedule routes to improve productivity.
* BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Actively support sales activities to include: client presentations, grand openings, trade shows, pro forma development, and proposal design. Meet predetermined objectives for revenue, COGs, Labor, and ROA. Coordinate installations, merchandising, and promotional activities in new and existing accounts. Gather customer intelligence and translate into strategies for business growth and retention. Analyze financialreports to determine profitability and opportunities to increase revenue with proper merchandising, product introduction, and promotional activities.
* TEAM MANAGEMENT: Clearly define, communicate, and appraise expectations, work results and standard operating procedures. Actively remove obstacles and assist individuals in maximizing their potential. Interview, select, train and support team members with the goal of developing new leaders. Maintain a safe, positive and professional work environment. Handle discipline and behavior management needs. Step in as a working manager, leading by example. Plan, organize, and delegate responsibility to ensure objectives are met on a daily basis. Staff each route to ensure responsibilities are completed in an effective, timely and efficient manner. Oversee operational timelines and monitor work hours to meet agreed upon labor targets. Stay current and abide by all parts of collective bargaining agreements, where applicable.
* Bachelor's degree in sales, business, marketing or supply chain management. Equivalent work experience in the industry acceptable.
* Five or more years in food service and/or route management required.
* Prior salesexperiencerequired, with demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the public.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Experience in a route based business strongly preferred.
* Ability to meet physical demands that include, but are not limited to: frequently lifting and moving 25-50 pounds, standing and walking for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, crouch, climb, etc.
CONTINENTAL OFFERS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE.
CONTINENTAL IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.