Regional Clinical Research Associate (CRA)- Valencia, CA Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID 42309BR
Title Regional Clinical Research Associate (CRA)- Valencia, CA
Job Category Clinical Trial Management
Job Description PURPOSE:
Responsible for performing study activities regarding the implementation, monitoring and summarization of clinical trials to ensure patient safety and adherence to protocols, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), ICH Guidelines, federal regulations and SOPs. Close collaboration with other members within Clinical Trial Management (CTM) and with various representatives within CMR.
Reports to a Manager/Senior Manager/Associate Director of Field Management (FM) within CTM. Accountable for actively participating in multiple internal cross-functional teams locally to ensure the effective delivery of assigned project milestones. External relationships are with clinical investigators, and other clinical research vendors as needed to support business objectives for the department and/or function.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: COORDINATION / COMMUNICATION, ADMINISTRATION AND PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT:
- Ensure compliance with the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures and fundamentals.
- May participate in continuous improvement processes for function.
- Act as primary liaison for assigned study sites while on-site to convey project information, answer questions and in accordance with the CTM escalation pathway to the Lead CRA resolve site related issues.
- Assists the project team in preparation for audits/inspections and is responsible for the quality and completeness of site related performance and documentation. Prepares, collaborates and implements Corrective Action Plans (CAP) with investigative sites with oversight from Lead CRA.
- Attains thorough understanding of study management tasks and responsibilities necessary to implement compliance with protocol/regulatory requirements and NNI SOPs.
- Attends Investigator Meetings and study-specific training for assigned trials.
- Attends site audits according to the CTM Audit Management Plan and executes audit action plans with support from Lead CRA/PM as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Lead CRA(s) to obtain/share trial specifics issues across all study sites concentrating on areas related to quality, site performance and metrics. Responsible for communicating issues in accordance with the CTM escalation pathway to the Lead CRA(s) and CRAs as appropriate.
- Completes follow up letters from all visit types according to SOPs and completes reports to quality standards within company specified timelines.
- Completes Site Selection, Site Initiation, Routine Monitoring and Close-out Visits according to SOPs and completes reports to quality standards within company specified timelines.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with clinical investigative sites. Accountable for data integrity, patient safety and regulatory compliance for all assigned sites.
- Monitors recruitment and data quality while on site and remotely through EDC systems/communication with sites.
- Performs on-site drug accountability and reconciliation. Verifies drug storage meets protocol and SOP requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining current Investigator Trial File (ITF) in accordance with NNI SOPs. Performs ongoing reviews of ITF to assure quality of the documentation files and compliance with NNI SOPs, GCP and ICH Guidelines while on site.
- Responsible for assuring adequate and appropriate dissemination of information according to the study specific communication plan between project team members to ensure project success in accordance with the CTM Communication Pathway or Project Specific Communication Plan.
- Understanding of assigned protocol (s) and trial specific manuals/plans to ensure quality and deliverables are met across assigned sites.
- May provide active mentorship of CTM staff to build talent across the department.
- May support in the identification of training gaps, may support the development of training materials to meet that gap and then provision of training as required to improve core competency and skill set of the department.
- May support the maintenance of guidelines, training programs, policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the compliance and quality of CATS reporting.
- Active membership to local project teams. - Participates in cross-functional teams, locally, to assure timely attainment of project milestones.
- Responsible to conduct oneself in accordance with expectations as a project team member to ensure the success of a matrix management structure.
- Responsible to ensure that the mandatory trial entries are made in IMPACT, NovoDOCs, iSITE, EDC administration, IVRS and updates, and ensure CSIM entries and updates are made.
- Responsible for maintaining focus, locally, for specific project activities within CMR priorities.
- Attend relevant symposia, conferences and scientific meetings, as necessary
- Provide support of training needs across CTM and may support the creation, development and potentially provide training support to meet those needs. This includes any lessons learned sharing across the project team members and/or CTM.
- Approximately 70% overnight travel to visit assigned sites for monitoring and attending trainings/meetings.
- Must live within 50 miles of the regional workload center within assigned region.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A Bachelors degree (science-related discipline preferred) with a minimum of 4 years clinical trial experience within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare setting, of which at least 2 years has been in the role of an on-site monitoring CRA, OR a Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of 5 years on-site monitoring experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates core understanding of medical terminology and clinical trial activities in relation to execution of a clinical development plan.
- Knowledge of GCP as relates to clinical trial management.
Department CMR - FIELD MGMT WEST (1)
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - CA
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part