Regional Corp Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager will be working in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment. The successful incumbent will lead multiple engineering activities in the manufacturing plant. The individual hired for this role will work as a liaison for all Engineering matters that directly or are indirectly assigned. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Engineering and Project Planning Phase Functions
* Responsible for capital project initiation and implementation, using Pinnacle s Project Management Toolkit
* Support the Hagerstown site in planning, organizing, and controlling assigned aspects of a project; including monitoring project schedules and budgets, evaluating project productivity and quality and directing the complete technical operations of the project
* Responsible to define the work scope and prepare overall schedules and budgets on site projects
* Engage with Corporate Procurement in developing scopes of work for bid packages comply with Procurement vendor selection process
* Responsible for distributing all correspondence to the appropriate project members
* Update, inform and clarify project outcomes, deliverables, potential problems and project need
* Construction Phase Functions
* Maintain the as-built drawings in coordination with the Construction Coordinator and subcontractors
* Act as a liaison between site, contractors and subcontractors on construction projects. Ensure all groups understand and comply with the Pinnacle s security, fire protection and safety regulations
* Work with the Construction Manager during the change management process. Attend Change Order meetings as required
* Help facilitate the Request for Information process by receiving, reviewing, and taking action on RFI s
* Review contractor change requests and prepare FCO s for approval. Manage the change process for all Construction initiated activities
* Manage final approval of sub-contractors requests for progress payments
* Comply with requirements of plant groups having jurisdiction over inspection, and submit reports required
* Keep in touch with the Engineer of Record. Notify them about all phases of the work and meetings that may require his presence at the site
* Observe actual progress in comparison with estimated progress. Record and report conditions that may cause a delay in completion of the work
* General Functions
* Develop and implement technical, administrative and project procedures and policies to ensure the successful operation of the department in the most practical and efficient method
* Assist with the development and management of the Procurement Plan and Status Report (PPSR). Review the proposed bidders for their current workload and performance on other projects. Verify that the proposed bidder has the specific expertise required to execute the scope of work
* Work with the Procurement Department to set up and maintain the cost control system. Prepare a report showing sales and use tax status as a part of project closeout. Prepare cash flow documentation and projections
* Insure that all departmental and corporate policies are being followed during the course of the project
* Develop project commissioning and turnover plans with participation from other plant functions.
* Conduct Project close out Evaluation
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* High energy, self-starter
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including developing and presenting investment business cases to senior leadership
* Strong problem solving and plant-floor troubleshooting skills
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities
* Ability to lead and coordinate multiple resources (i.e. employees, contractors, consultants, etc.)
* Ability to thrive in a matrix organization, supporting the needs of multiple facilities and corporate priorities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Working knowledge of PC based programs such as Excel, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Outlook
* Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives
* Strong management skills with the ability to mentor, lead, train and motivate employees to produce quality work. Strive to achieve successful results as a team
* Requires research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, project and time management skills and commitment to quality, responsibility, and high work standards
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and written, as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationship building.
* Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of tasks, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines
* Able at interacting with all levels of management including senior leadership
* Knowledge and ability to work with systems that manage work flow for Maintenance environments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical) required
* Must have 10-15 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering related field with extensive project management experience
* Must have at least five (5) years of experience in Process, Packaging, or Facilities Engineering within the food, beverage, or pharmaceutical industry
* Must have practical understanding of continuous improvement applications in engineering design
* Strong experience in process system design and sanitary design
* Proven cost reduction abilities
* Multi-plant experience strongly preferred
* MBA, Professional Engineering License, or PMP certification is a plus
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.