Regional Credit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/6/2018
Trimble is recruiting for a Regional Credit and Collection Manager (RCM) to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The RCM will manage domestic and international credit and collection activities for the assigned customer accounts receivable (A/R) portfolio. Works with external and internal customers to maximize sales, have a positive impact of cash flow, minimize bad debts and days sales outstanding for the company.
* End to end management of assigned customer A/R portfolio from account set up to cash collections/dispute management including:
* Process credit applications, review and analyze customer financial statements, and approve/recommend credit limits.
* Review sales orders on credit hold for approval
* A/R account reconciliation
* Must interact with customers, dealers, internal departments and upper management in a professional manner as needed. This interaction includes providing guidance, direction and expertise in balancing credit/collection techniques, communicating credit limits, credit holds and taking the lead role in workout situations.
* Contact with customers via telephone as well as a balanced use of e-mail.
* Log all customer contacts and collection activities into the GetPaid collection software.
* Make recommendations on bad debt reserves on a monthly basis after reviewing with the country manager, business unit controller and sales organization. Provide auditors with required information relating to bad debt reserves.
* Be an advocate for the customer by liaising between Trimble business unit(s), the Order-to-Cash team and the customer. Ensure a smooth process flow while maintaining a high level of customer service.
* Manage risk creatively driving win/win situations between Trimble and customers worldwide.
* On major past due accounts and orders on hold, deliver timely and concise information to proper BU controllers, sales and the CMAA.
* Produce reports as requested by the CMAA or any other internal customers such as business unit controllers.
* Participate in acquisition and integration activities and be prepared to brief the CMAA on integrating systems, accounts, clients, policies, etc. of acquired companies.
* Work closely with approved collection agencies, as well as trustees, and/or attorneys in bankruptcy situations.
* Consistently improve productivity and efficiency through process improvement initiatives, time management and change management.
* Embrace change and complexity as Trimble continues to grow, particularly through acquisition and be prepared to take on added responsibilities as assigned.
* Occasional travel may be required
* Education: 4 year degree required - MBA preferred
* Experience: 5+ years of related experience in international and domestic credit & collections, customer service showing increasing responsibilities
* Experience with many forms of trade finance including Letters of Credit, documentary collections and EXIM Bank funded transactions
* Portfolio management experience with a company with significant dealer/distribution sales activities
* Strong analytical, math and account reconciliation skills
* Experience with Oracle (11i/R12), GetPaid, and Cognos preferred
* Expert level ability in Microsoft Excel highly desired along with strong Microsoft Office and Google Docs skills
* Effective written and spoken communication skills with various levels of management and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude is a must
* Adaptive to leadership styles that promote collaboration, teamwork
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D