Regional Diagnostics Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Thousand Oaks, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
In conjunction with the assigned region, direct and oversee the regional sales of diagnostic and ShopKey product lines to achieve required goals. Train, direct and oversee Diagnostic Sales Developers.
* While the Regional Diagnostic Manager reports directly to the National Sales Manager they are accountable to the assigned Region and Regional Manager
* Function as primary interface with Region Manager and Business Managers to coordinate Diagnostic and ShopKey sales, as well as promotions and planning.
* Maintain, drive and roll up weekly forecast, sales plan and order progress update to National Sales Manager
* Recruit, train and motivate/coach DSD team in sales, business practices and seminar delivery
* Conduct sales and progress analysis reviews with DSD team
* Coach and motivate FPT members to grow Diagnostic business and capture orders
* Direct sales meetings and training events for DSD team, FPT members and franchisees
* Teach product knowledge, sales skills and marketing concepts to FPT members, DSD team and franchisees
* Expand sales through training, promotion, business surveys, new product launches, etc.
* Provide regional teams with appropriate reports to drive initiatives
* Attend Region compliance review meetings
* Lead weekly staff/team conference calls to educate/motivate and drive initiatives
* Inventory management
* Participate and foster Rapid Continuous Improvement events
* Staff and support trade shows.
* National account support as needed
* Keep current with automotive and computer technology through reading or attending applicable courses or seminars
* Personal/personnel development.
Successful sales experience in automotive after-market (usually obtained through at least 5-7 years experience) with the following demonstrated skills and abilities:
* Understanding and operation of Snap-on and competitor electronic/ diagnostic equipment
* Effective sales methods and management
* Excellent PC skills and Internet experience
* Team leading/management
* Communications and presentations
* Solid understanding of automotive repair business as it relates to ROI and marketing of repair services
* Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
The following individual characteristics are important:
* Leadership skills
* Adaptable, flexible
* Self directed
* Goal oriented
* Approachable, personable
Member of or associated with at least one regional or national automotive trade organization: ASA, ASIA, ASC, SEMA, ETI, etc.