Regional Diagnostics Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Thousand Oaks, CA
In conjunction with the assigned region, direct and oversee the regional sales of diagnostic and ShopKey product lines to achieve required goals. Train, direct and oversee Diagnostic Sales Developers.
* While the Regional Diagnostic Manager reports directly to the National Sales Manager they are accountable to the assigned Region and Regional Manager
* Function as primary interface with Region Manager and Business Managers to coordinate Diagnostic and ShopKey sales, as well as promotions and planning.
* Maintain, drive and roll up weekly forecast, sales plan and order progress update to National Sales Manager
* Recruit, train and motivate/coach DSD team in sales, business practices and seminar delivery
* Conduct sales and progress analysis reviews with DSD team
* Coach and motivate FPT members to grow Diagnostic business and capture orders
* Direct sales meetings and training events for DSD team, FPT members and franchisees
* Teach product knowledge, sales skills and marketing concepts to FPT members, DSD team and franchisees
* Expand sales through training, promotion, business surveys, new product launches, etc.
* Provide regional teams with appropriate reports to drive initiatives
* Attend Region compliance review meetings
* Lead weekly staff/team conference calls to educate/motivate and drive initiatives
* Inventory management
* Participate and foster Rapid Continuous Improvement events
* Staff and support trade shows.
* National account support as needed
* Keep current with automotive and computer technology through reading or attending applicable courses or seminars
* Personal/personnel development.
Successful sales experience in automotive after-market (usually obtained through at least 5-7 years experience) with the following demonstrated skills and abilities:
* Understanding and operation of Snap-on and competitor electronic/ diagnostic equipment
* Effective sales methods and management
* Excellent PC skills and Internet experience
* Team leading/management
* Communications and presentations
* Solid understanding of automotive repair business as it relates to ROI and marketing of repair services
* Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
The following individual characteristics are important:
* Leadership skills
* Adaptable, flexible
* Self directed
* Goal oriented
* Approachable, personable
Member of or associated with at least one regional or national automotive trade organization: ASA, ASIA, ASC, SEMA, ETI, etc.