Regional Director of Finance Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for budget management, decision support and financial analysis, standard reporting and other financial functions within the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa region. Reporting directly to the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Chief Financial Officer, this position provides financial leadership at the regional level and is responsible for implementing and carrying out plans and programs established by the Region and CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates full support of the CHRISTUS Health mission through demonstrated measurable results and conduct consistent with the mission statement and strategic plan. Provides financial management, information and guidance to Regional CFO, hospital financial leaders and directors. Works closely with CHRISTUS Health financial functions including Revenue Cycle, Accounting, Accounts Payable and Third Party Reimbursement, as well as Contracting, Purchasing and Payor Relations, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Masters degree or CPA preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, the general public, volunteers, and associates.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and stressful environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions as necessary.
- Ability to solve management issues and direct numerous and varied operations.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the necessary programs, goals, policies, and objectives that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to healthcare.
- Previous experience (3-5 years) in financial leadership of an acute care hospital is required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial leadership in an acute care hospital within a health care system.
- Demonstrated success in managing the financial functions (financial and statistical reporting, operations analysis(es), planning, forecasting, integrity and contracting) required to support the growth of an acute care hospital.
- Proven ability to develop and implement systems that address costs, quality, regulatory requirements and resource utilization management; and a knowledge of operational issues.
- Membership and involvement in Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).