Regional Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONREGIONAL FACILITIES MANAGER
Under limited direction, this is a fully-qualified position and is independently responsible for all maintenance-related matters for properties within the assigned portfolio. This position will assist regional property management and field personnel in implementing and executing various policies, procedures, and programs relating to the overall maintenance of properties. Progression to this level is typically dependent on being able to independently assume the essential functions as described below.
* Assists Property Management in the evaluation, hiring, termination, and promotion of maintenance supervisors.
* Ensures quality control and conformance with defined standards through monthly report analysis, site visits, facilitating maintenance meetings, implementation and tracking of maintenance programs and communication with the all appropriate parties.
* Ensures completion and compliance with the Equity Residential ADA and FHA program. Update report quarterly and as requested.
* Reviews all environmental systems on properties and assist Director of Environmental Compliance in completion of programs established on an as needed basis. Monitor compliance with O & M programs on an going basis.
* Supports Maintenance Supervisors/Directors and Property Managers in a variety of facility support activities.
* Assists Property Managers and/or Regional Managers in evaluating need for interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating the maintenance directors and supervisors.
* Assists and participates in optimizing the maintenance operations with the AVP Facilities Strategy.
* Assists community maintenance staff with various mechanical difficulties.
* Assists the Procurement group and the Facilities Service Team with the regional standardization and compliance with national purchasing initiatives and national/regional objectives and communication of same.
* Conducts orientation training for all newly hired and promoted Maintenance Directors/Supervisors.
* Assists in preparing the annual operating and ten-year capital budget in accordance with established budget guidelines.
* Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of new maintenance techniques and programs.
* Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
* Performs other duties as necessary.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor limit the Companys right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree is preferred. Eight years onsite supervision of multiple properties of which 5 years of physical asset management experience. Ability to verbally express the daily activities of the job to peers and management. Ability to present problems in a clear and concise manner with practical solutions as needed. Ability to write progress reports including project histories, problems, recommended solutions, and justifications for recommendations. Ability to perform basic mathematical equations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to conduct project cost forecasting.
Machines, Tools and Equipment, Software:
Hand tools normally used in maintenance. Power tools including circular saw, power drill, chain saw and key machine. Motorized vehicles. All forms of office equipment including copy machines, fax machines, computers and software applications used by business unit.
Valid driver's license and good driving record along with auto insurance required.
As an Equity Residential team member, you represent Equity. While you are on the job, Equity Residential expects you to wear clothing and accessories that are appropriate in a professional business environment. If a uniform is required at the property, you are expected to wear it. Refer to Equitys Grooming Standards and Dress Code Guidelines for additional information.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse verbally over the phone and in-person (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and easily. Able to see well enough to use the computer effectively and read written communications. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility. May be required to climb stairs depending on the property structure.
The above describes the physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the essential functions of this job. Commonly associated is not intended to mean always or only. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as required by law to enable otherwise qualified employees with a known disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Residential property and office environment.
NY-New York Corporate (06500NY41)
230 W. 41st Street
New York, 10036