Regional Fumigation Manager - Rentokil
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Santa Ana, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Regional Fumigation Manager
The Regional Fumigation Manager serves as the technical expert and is responsible for developing, training, implementing and ensuring compliance for the fumigation line of business. Working with multiple Rentokil departments, the RFM ensures that proposals are compliant, technically sound, and priced appropriately. As the Regional expert in fumigation, he/she will oversee that Rentokil North American safety policies are being followed, appropriate education and training is received, licensing, certifications, and that the appropriate equipment and fumigant products are being transported and utilized in accordance with Federal, State, and Rentokil Global regulations.
Education- Four Year Degree Preferred
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Local fumigation regulations
* General knowledge of entomology, biology, toxicology, earth science, and/or structural engineering
* General knowledge of equipment and product purchasing and inventory
* 4-5 years experience performing and directing fumigations i.e. Methyl Bromide, Sulfuryl Fluoride and Phosphine
* 2-3 years' experience developing and delivering technical training programs in small and large group forums
* Attention to detail
* Demonstrated skills in project management
* Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
* Proven leadership and supervisory skills
* Ability to gain respect and influence others in ensuring quality and adherence to policy and regulations
* Demonstrated experience in establishing uniform policies and standards
* Computer aptitude with industry and company-specific software applications, and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other commonly used software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary to prepare or inspect documents or operate equipment. Requires active work punctuated by periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, climbing, and walking. Must be comfortable working at heights using ladder safely. Must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds.
Personal Performance / Core Competencies
Implement a comprehensive program of training and development of technical expertise within your assigned Service Centers that ensures we will continue to lead in this area within the pest control industry. Continue to focus on and resolve issues that affect service quality and ensure that we maintain the best relationships possible with our customers.
Have the ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions. Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. When required be able to make tough decisions.
Coach and Develop
Work with managers and technicians to implement technician training programs developed by Rentokil North America. Provide guidance along with fair and consistent feedback to technicians that have been coached in the field. Develop and improve the training, performance assessment, and technician development skills of Service Center Managers.
Work with Others
Build relationships with the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager, your Regional Manager(s), other Technical Services Managers, and Sales Managers in order to achieve our mission. Clearly establish priorities with respect to technical and training development within your Service Centers and keep managers regularly informed of progress and developments that impact them.
Display Leadership Be respected as an NAPC leader when working in your assigned Service Centers. Conduct yourself with a high degree of integrity and recognize that the other colleagues in our organization will take their lead from your actions. Hold yourself and our colleagues to the highest standards.
Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The RFM is accountable for meeting or exceeding all RNA KPIs. These include but are not limited to the following-
1 Meet or exceed budgeted organic growth in revenue
2 Ensure that all operations personnel follow safety guidelines and use of PPE per the label and as required by RNA.
3 All fumigations within the assigned region adhere to all regulatory and RNA protocols.
4 Active involvement in fumigation industry events and associations
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Manage all aspects of the Fumigation Line of Business services including, but not limited to; safety, technical protocols, revenue growth, and profitability.
* Establish the protocols of fumigation to minimize risk and to comply with all regulatory agencies. Insure compliance with all DOT requirements for transporting fumigants.
* Work with NAPC Districts and Service Centers to advance the Fumigation Line of Business. This role is a supportive/consultative one with authority role regarding safety, quality and final approval on unique or larger customer opportunities.
* Create an atmosphere of continuous development of personnel from districts and service centers as fumigation specialists.
* Develop and edit proposal models, contracts and documents associated with work performance. This includes the regulatory approval or compliance of the individual states.
* Create pricing models and formulas to insure proper profitability; organizing them into simplified models to allow for more field level pricing.
* Work with the VP of Marketing to determine service offerings, market opportunities and niche opportunities. Provide the technical support needed in the development of marketing information and materials.
* Interface with the North American Education & Training department to Develop, implement, and audit training programs to insure Rentokil personnel are qualified to safely perform fumigation and to ensure our training initiatives meet manufacturer and regulatory requirements.
* Monitor and coordinate the scheduling of larger fumigation jobs to make sure the availability of trained personnel and equipment is appropriate.
* Conduct audits at the district level to substantiate proper licensing and registration of applicators and businesses in coordination with technical department compliance staff. Periodically audit the completion of fumigation services to insure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
* Establish and maintain relationships with fumigant manufacturers and providers to secure supply chain.
* Responsible for the mandated material reporting and accountability programs.
* Coordinate with regional Technical Service Managers to monitor safe storage of fumigants at the corporate and district levels.
* Represent NAPC on the virtu