Regional H&S Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Johns Manville, we protect our employees, communities, environment and the world. Sustainability is very important to and we seek a team member who also believes in reducing our carbon footprint and keeping other safe for generations to come. The Winder, Georgia facility manufactures fiber glass insulation for the commercial, contractor, retail, metal building, manufactured housing, air handling and OEM markets in the southeast. As the Regional Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for driving the health and safety functions at multiple plants. The Health and Safety Manager's focus is to manage people and programs. Your technical skills and people skills will influence a safe workplace, ensure compliance and process improvements as it relates to health, safety and environmental programs. This position reports to the Plant Manager and will be part of the plant management team.
Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
Provide training and coaching to local Health & Safety Managers to ensure technical competence and leadership development within the plants and across the region
Ensure implementation of specialized projects to advance the health and safety organization at Johns Manville
Apply thorough and practical knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations applicable to manufacturing operations
Identify, resolve and ensure ongoing compliance to health and safety standards
Lead improvement efforts and audit the success of health and safety processes
Apply comprehensive health and safety systems and case management skills to track trends and adopt corrective actions needed to proactively prevent injuries and illnesses
Drive root cause analysis and incident investigation processes
Participate in oversight and leadership of the company's Management of Change process and its implementation in IS plants
Work with plant management to fulfill personnel resource requirements for health and safety for associated facilities
Consolidate and report safety metrics and goals for regional plants on a weekly and monthly basis. Local Facility EHS Management (50%)
Manage local facility environmental, health and safety programs working to protect our employees, communities and world around us
Drive employee involvement and ownership in environmental, health and safety activities
Analyze worksite hazards and move to prevent and control hazards
Manage local facility EHS employees
May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree.
* 8 years of experience in health and safety and/or operations.
* 5 or more years of experience in health and safety management in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience managing projects and processes within a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
* Proven leadership skills which have positively impacted health and safety performance including meeting regulatory standards
* Experience managing direct and indirect reports to include setting direction and deploying resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating
* Significant knowledge of regulatory standards related to health and safety.
* Ability to work with respective outside regulatory agencies (OSHA, State level).
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Ability to travel up to 30%.
* Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility (may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.)
* Implemented VPP (Voluntary Protection Programs.
* ISO14001 experience.
* Performed VPP audits
* SGE Program experience.
* Committed to self-awareness and forthright transparency that facilitates healthy and open relationships and dialogue
* Demonstrated willingness to consider diverse thoughts, opinions, and approaches in order to drive continuous learning and better outcomes
* Unwavering determination to act honestly and ethically at all times even in the face of adversity
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report