Regional Health & Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONSuzlon established its North American operations - Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation - in 2001 with a vision to become the preferred provider of value-added sustainable power plant solutions. With a footprint across 21 states, three provinces and two countries, Suzlon is clearly committed to the North America market. Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation provides its clients with more than just wind turbines - we offer Engineering, Procurement and Construction of wind farm projects, and ongoing service and maintenance.
Suzlon's "workhorse" of a machine, the S88-2.1 MW wind turbine comprises a large majority of the company's fleet in North America, with the original S64-1.25MW turbine fulfilling our earlier projects. The company recently launched the S111-2.1 MW, the latest generation Suzlon wind turbine, and is built off the successful S88 and S97-2.1 MW platform.
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation (SWECO) is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois however this position is a Regional position
* Coach and mentor managers in HSE techniques and HSE leadership skills
* Identify HSE critical process and system needs, and implement appropriate action plans
* Establish agreement and alignment with site operating goals and objectives
* Promote a team environment, initiate and lead site personnel in HSE activities
* Monitor sites for adherence to HSE guidelines/regulations, and identify/resolve risks
* Provide planning related to HSE objectives and compliance, lead site in planning for HSE success
* Establish and accomplish aggressive HSE goals
* Understand, implement, report and monitor HSE and regulatory compliance metrics
* Conduct training in a variety of HSE topics with emphasis on electrical safety, lock out/tag out, and fall protection
* Research and write applicable HSE procedures and policies
* Develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external customers
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in safety and/or environmental engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Strong knowledge of electrical safety work practices, working at heights and lock out/tag out
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to lead and influence others
* Demonstrated results leading others in the accomplishment of HSE objectives
* Ability to work independently
* Professional certifications highly desired
* Ability to travel overnight domestically or internationally at least 50%
Hand/Finger Dexterity: 50-100%
Suzlon Wind Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at Suzlon Wind Energy is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.