Regional Health & Safety Manager 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Johns Manville, we protect our employees, communities, environment and the world. Sustainability is very important to us and we seek a team member who also believes in reducing our carbon footprint and keeping other safe for generations to come.
The Defiance, Ohio facility manufactures cured and uncured fiberglass products that serve the Automotive, Aerospace, OEM, Air Handling and Pipe & Mechanical markets using pot and marble technology. The site also has a glass furnace that produces glass marbles for Defiance and other locations. As the Regional Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for driving the health and safety functions at multiple plants. The Regional Health and Safety Manager's focus is to manage programs and influence the safety culture. Your technical skills and people skills will influence a safe workplace; ensure compliance and process improvements as it relates to health, safety and environmental programs. This position reports to the Plant Manager and the Divisional H&S Manager will be part of the plant management team.
- Hands on leadership for ensuring compliance to the sites Title V permit.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
- Provide training and coaching to local Health & Safety Managers to ensure technical competence and leadership development within the plants and across the region
- Ensure implementation of specialized projects to advance the health and safety organization at Johns Manville
- Apply thorough and practical knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations applicable to manufacturing operations
- Identify, resolve and ensure ongoing compliance to health and safety standards
- Lead improvement efforts and audit the success of health and safety processes
- Apply comprehensive health and safety systems and case management skills to track trends and adopt corrective actions needed to proactively prevent injuries and illnesses
- Drive root cause analysis and incident investigation processes
- Participate in oversight and leadership of the company's Management of Change process and its implementation in IS plants
- Work with plant management to fulfill personnel resource requirements for health and safety for associated facilities
- Consolidate and report safety metrics and goals for regional plants on a weekly and monthly basis. Local Facility EHS Management (50%)
- Manage local facility environmental, health and safety programs working to protect our employees, communities and world around us
- Drive employee involvement and ownership in environmental, health and safety activities
- Analyze worksite hazards and move to prevent and control hazards
- Manage local facility EHS employees
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years of experience in environmental health and safety and/or operations.
- 5 or more years of experience in environmental, health and safety management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing projects and processes within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Proven leadership skills which have positively impacted environmental health and safety performance including meeting regulatory standards
- Experience managing direct and / or indirect reports to include setting direction and deploying resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating
- Significant knowledge of regulatory standards related to health and safety.
- Ability to work with respective outside regulatory agencies (OSHA, State level).
- EPA / MACT, Title V experience
- Behavior based safety experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility (may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.)
- Implemented VPP (Voluntary Protection Programs).
- ISO14001 experience.
- Performed VPP audits
- SGE Program experience.
- Committed to self-awareness and forthright transparency that facilitates healthy and open relationships and dialogue
- Demonstrated willingness to consider diverse thoughts, opinions, and approaches in order to drive continuous learning and better outcomes.
- Unwavering determination to act honestly and ethically at all times even in the face of adversity.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report