Regional Human Resources Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
San Antonio, TX
REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Universal Services of America was established in 1965 and is recognized as a premier Facility Services provider in the U.S. We combine an innovative mix of tradition with advanced technology to keep pace with the evolving security and janitorial needs of today s businesses. We provide our clients with the best security and janitorial solutions, personalized customer service and unmatched value available.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Universal Services of America is currently seeking an experienced Regional Human Resources Director to join our Corporate office. This person will be responsible for managing all employee and labor relations for the Western Region.
Additional responsibilities of the Regional Human Resources Director will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Act as a strategic business partner with Presidents, Regional Vice Presidents, and branch staff within assigned geographic region, by understanding their unique client and business objectives, and providing proactive counsel, recommendations and support to meet their needs. Build strong relationships with all management in assigned geographic region, understand client expectations and site-specific challenges, and provide advice and solutions to meet business needs while ensuring legal compliance and consistent application of company policies.
* Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, create, implement and monitor the application of all employee policies and procedures within assigned region to ensure compliance with labor laws, state and federal regulations, and sound business practices. Includes conducting training sessions with managers and supervisors, and identifying and communicating the need for new/revised policies based on changing business needs and/or legal requirements.
* Provide technical HR support to branch, field and sales staff on day-to-day employee and labor relations issues. Responsible for advising on proper techniques, forms/documentation, and actions to ensure compliance, lawful conduct, and consistent application of practices, while meeting business/client objectives.
* Where applicable, manage all aspects of Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure compliance, fulfillment of technical requirements, and awareness of Company philosophies regarding union relations. Build and maintain strong relationships with union representatives to minimize labor relations issues, conduct supervisor/manager training to strengthen consistent application of policies and procedures, and manage all grievances in a timely and effective manner.
* Conduct (or lead the activities of) all investigations into discrimination, harassment, wage/hour, or other labor law complaints, ensuring proper documentation, interviewing procedures, and follow up activities are taken. Under the guidance and oversight of the Vice President of Human Resources, act as a representative for USA in all legal actions against the company for employment and workers compensation suits.
* Manage the Safety Training, Accident Prevention and Workers Compensation processes. Working closely with broker, insurance carriers, claims management team, and internal Administrator, develop, execute and train field on strategic Injury & Illness Prevention Programs, accident reporting procedures, and field investigation techniques. Regularly review and report on claims, identifying trends and developing responsive programs to minimize future losses. Regularly review and analyze existing claim data to continuously improve existing comprehensive claims management process (develop new loss prevention techniques, improved accident reporting and accident investigation techniques and processes, aggressive claim management and reduction of claim litigation).
* Responsible for various Human Resource projects, either as assigned by Vice President of Human Resources or as self-initiated, including ongoing opportunities for automation, efficiency, accuracy, cost-reduction, and/or improved legal compliance. Actively participate in annual strategic planning process to identify such projects, then create and execute plans to ensure on-time completion of deliverables.
* Maintain oversight for field auditing and compliance. May include management of Human Resource staff to conduct quarterly field audits of branch HR staff operations, internal auditing procedures, and other processes to ensure company standards and legal requirements are being followed (such as I-9 compliance, Winteam and HR record keeping/maintenance, and other similar processes).
* Identify training and development needs at branch sites for Operations Managers and H.R. Coordinators/Representatives, and develop the technical skills to ensure proper knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, file maintenance, employee relations administration, termination procedures, and accident reporting/investigations/workers compensation procedures.
* Identify and implement retention strategies to reduce employee turnover and increase internal employee development and skills.
* As a senior member of management, participate in strategic planning sessions, client meetings and other business development meetings, providing insight into implications of decisions and actions on the H.R. function, and offering solutions to employee related issues affecting the business.
Qualified candidates for the Regional Human Resources Director position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* Bachelor s degree in Business or related field or equivalent required, which is typically obtained through 10-12 years of progressively responsible human resource management experience; MBA or other advanced degree desired; HR certification (i.e., PHR, SPHR, GPHR) highly preferred.
* Minimum of 10-12 years of human resource managerial experience required, including direct responsibility for employee relations, policy and procedure development and administration, workers compensation and safety program management, and senior level business involvement. Experience with multi-state operations and union environments highly preferred, as well as related experience in the service industry and/or oversight in organization with high-volume entry-level workforce.
* Strong working knowledge of all labor laws in all states for which incumbent would be responsible (geographic region), as well as extensive knowledge of relevant federal employment laws/regulations, workers compensation/OSHA procedures and regulations, and discrimination/harassment investigation and defense procedures.
* Working knowledge of automated payroll/HRIS systems required; Winteam software knowledge highly desired but not required.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer-service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous and professional manner at all times, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and