Regional Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91536
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner Location: Ventura, Santa Barbara & Monterey Counties CA Req. # 88170
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
HR Company: AMR-W
Employee Type: Full Time
Contact Name: Anna Salas Contact Number: Contact Email:
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing HR strategies to support the individual assigned operation locations, Regional, National HR initiatives and AMR's Mission and Core Values. Activities include performance management, compensation administration, leadership development, Affirmative Action compliance, etc. The HR Manager will work closely with the local management teams to foster support and teamwork of HR related processes.
HS Diploma or GED. BA, HR Management Certification, or Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR).
A minimum of four (4) years HR generalist experience including performance management, staffing, compensation administration, safety and risk management, learning and development, EEO/harassment prevention, affirmative action administration, employment law, etc. A minimum of two years of labor relations experience including grievance handling, etc preferred. Two years experience developing and implementing successful HR strategies. Prefer a minimum of two years in a HR leadership role for multiple sites.
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* In conjunction with Regional CEO, HR and Safety, prepare budget of human resources operations for assigned locations.
* Responsible for all aspects of labor relations including facilitating communication, grievances, investigations, negotiations, etc.
* Responsible for new hire orientation to support AMR's Mission and Core Values, outline employee responsibilities, etc.
* Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
* Advise management regarding employee relations' issues to consistently improve employee morale and productivity while being supportive of company policies.
* In conjunction with Regional CEO, HR and Safety, develop, implement, and maintain an effective employee recognition program that inspires employee commitment to individual and organizational success.
* Conduct investigations and represent organization in legal matters relating to personnel relations.
* Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
* Conduct salary surveys (for field and dispatch) at a minimum of annually (from January to April) to ensure competitive pay. Advise management on compensation actions for employees. Review and approve salary increases permitted within budgetary limits and according to established compensation policies.
* Conduct monthly calls with HRIS processors to educate them on HR practices and policies. Responsible for continuing education for HRIS processors with regards to employment laws and HR processes/policies.
* Develop and maintain contacts with educational institutions, minority and women-owned agencies, employment agencies, placement firms, and other sources of applicants.
* Study legislation, court decisions, etc. to assess industry trends and HR practices.
* Consult legal counsel to ensure that HR practices comply with federal and state law.
* Responsible for an HRIS that meets HR, leadership, and regulatory needs.
* Responsible for data entry into the human resource information system (HRIS) and hard records of personnel transactions/files such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
* Responsible for managing leaves of absence to be in compliance with federal, state, and company guidelines and using related forms.
* Responsible for directing a HR File Clerk in duties such as HRIS data entry, record maintenance, payroll inquiries, etc. Conduct performance coaching, etc to ensure effective performance of HR staff.
* Responsible for the oversight of employee separation notices and related documentation, and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Based on exit interviews develop comprehensive solutions to reduce attrition while increasing employee morale.
* Responsible for all required statistical data, logs, and other reports to ensure compliance with affirmative action regulatory requirements. Implement annual affirmative action plans (plan development coordinated by NRC HR), and conduct related annual training with leadership team on annual goals, etc pursuant to AA plan template.
* Assess capabilities of management team and conduct leadership training in performance coaching, conflict resolution, recruitment and selection, harassment prevention, etc. In addition, may function as a facilitator.
* Assess performance standards and outcomes of line employees. Develop and conduct comprehensive action plans to facilitate improvement. Plans may include, but are not limited to, training, mentoring, formal counseling, etc. Ensure support of AA goals by all leaders through performance evaluation, recruiting, etc.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results. Assist in driving performance management. Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity and diversity goals.
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems
* Compile data and analyze past and current fiscal year training requirements to prepare budget and justify funds requested.
* 25% travel required.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and protocols.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform other duties as assigned