Regional Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Recruit, interview and recommend candidates for all disciplines for a designated region. Provide general Human Resources information, guidance and support to each branch within the region.
The essential functions of this position are:
1. Direct employment activities. Coordinate and administer recruitment efforts for each branch, via advertising, job fairs, visiting schools, contacting organizations, etc.
2. Coordinate and direct the efforts of a designated individual in each branch to interview prospective candidates for employment and recommend qualified individuals. Complete all appropriate reports (Affirmative Action, Applicant Logs, etc.) associated with employment. Train the branch secretary in the company recruitment procedure.
3. Ensure that branches are performing background and pre-employment MVR checks in accordance with established company policy.
4. Ensure that branches establish and maintain personnel and Department of Transportation (DOT) files of employees and records, maintaining contact with Safety Department.
5. Provide or ensure that a designated individual at each branch provides personnel and general orientation, consisting of policy explanation, benefits information, and employment paperwork to new employees.
6. Maintain contact with regulatory agencies concerning firearms issues, transportation issues, affirmative action, etc., staying abreast of changes.
7. Assist in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies; counseling employees on personnel policies in conjunction with the Branch Manager.
8. Work with the Corporate Human Resources Department in addressing general Human Resource issues, such as recruitment, record keeping, disciplinary actions, personnel actions.
9. Assist the Vice President of Human Resources and the Directors of Employee Relations in addressing compliance, governmental and legal issues, such as Affirmative Action audits, EEOC and HRC complaints, Wage/Hour audits/complaints, employee charges/complaints, lawsuits.
10. Other duties as required.
The minimum Knowledge, Education, Experience, Skills, and/or Abilities required to perform this job are, including any physical requirements:
1. BA/BS in Personnel Administration, Business Administration, related field.
2. 2-3 years experience in recruitment/hiring/interviewing.
3. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
4. Knowledge of employment law (Federal/State): Affirmative Action and related Executive Orders/Laws, ADA, Polygraph Protection Act, DOT, FMLA, etc.
5. Experience in transportation and/or security industry preferred.
6. PC skills required (Spreadsheet, Word Processing).
7. Must be able to travel.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Transgender/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran?. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Dunbar, please call our headquarters office at (800) 888-2129 And let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.