Regional Logistics Manager- Spare Parts- Harrisburg, PA.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Hilti North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONREGIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGER - SPARE PARTS - HARRISBURG, PA. 189202
Posted On: 08/18/2016 (All day)
For our team at Hilti in Harrisburg, PA. we are looking for a
Responsible for the cost optimized spare parts material management, transportation and handling strategies within the Tool Service Centers and Spare Parts Warehouse including customer relations, information technology, quality and security. Additionally this position is accountable for achieving company objectives, productivity standards, financial budgeting and process development while supporting spare parts supply and driving customer satisfaction for marketing regions Hilti North America and Hilti Latin America.
* Serve as a Regional Process Owner in defining policies and procedures for the department in how functions are to be performed in alignment with Global Processes. Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations, including current technologies that may have application within the supply chain process for spare parts
* Responsible for implementing target objectives from global level to regional level within multiple countries
* Manage the flow of materials within the respective regions ensuring that there is an optimization of stock and service level at all locations in line with company objectives. Manage the spare parts supply chain process between Hilti AG (HAG) and Hilti North America (HNA) while also supporting Hilti Latin America (HLA) needs
* Lead a cross-functional team consisting of 3-5 Materials Managers, 8-12 Warehouse Associates and any additional staff as needed
* Manage and integrate various stakeholders throughout the organization to direct supply chain objectives for the respective regions including shared responsibility for inventory level and obsolescence with direct responsibility for service level
* Oversee all distribution and transportation services on a tactical and operational level including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned/ damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met
* Oversee and optimize the transportation network for existing and future routes including carrier negotiations
* Use creativity and leadership skills to find solutions while developing, tracking, and executing detailed project plans for major initiatives (global and regionally) to make sure they occur in an aggressive timeline
* Responsible for serving as the first tier of escalation on Customer and Tool Service Center (TSC) complaints
* Responsible for formalizing internal and external customer needs into strategies that specify how these needs will be met in accordance with the process
* Develop and implement Innovative New Products (INP) and phase-out plans in coordination with Marketing and Alternative Channels to ensure high levels of service and satisfaction for customers and TSCs
* Responsible for leading operational activities involving forecasting, purchasing, receiving, picking, packing, storing, shipping, replenishments, and returns
* Coordination of up to 20 new product introductions and phase outs per year that consists of 1,000 to 2,500+ material items along with the daily consumed items of around 4,000+ materials within each of the 7 TSC locations
* Utilize Shop floor management and Lean/Six Sigma practices to ensure that policies and procedures are being implemented and best practices are shared for continuous improvement and outstanding results
* Ensure current and accurate inventory control and spare parts bin management processes through leadership and relationships with the Tool Service Center Management team.
* Coach, recruit, hire and develop team members through the Performance Management Process (PMP) and Strategic Manpower Development (SMD) processes
* Operate the department with approved expense and capital budget limits, including a departmental sales contribution of $12-$15 Million and inventory purchases of $10 - $15 Million annually
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree required
* Minimum 3 years of Supply Chain Management experience required; 5 years of experience preferred
* Operational supervisory experience required
* International work experience required
* Strong understanding of repair processes and quality management required
* Ability to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and define/implement sustainable solutions
* Proficient with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems including Distribution Requirements Planning/Manufacturing Resource Planning (DRP/MRP), Purchasing and Inventory modules
* Ability to multi-task, delegate duties, empowers others, and analyzes information to develop & implement effective strategies
* Manage multiple budgets and control costs in a dynamically changing environment
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrate critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Ability to integrate Lean/Six Sigma best practices within operations
* Strong knowledge of PC and software applications required. MS-Office, SAP-R3, APO and BI
* Candidate will be working in a tool service center environment
* Safety or protective equipment as necessary
* 50% or more travel required
* Dirty or dusty warehouse environment
* High noise levels from running and testing of power tools
We look forward to receiving your application.