This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of the Area Vice President, the Regional Manager provides supervision and direction for the overall operations of each community in his/her portfolio. The Regional Manager provides leadership within the regional management team and in the communities. He/she will typically manage six to nine communities depending on the nature of his portfolio and may supervise other personnel, including, but not limited to, Area Managers, Regional Maintenance Directors, Regional Support, and Administrative Assistants.
Leads and is accountable for portfolios business results, emphasis on customer service, employee performance, and implementation of corporate initiatives.
Maximizes potential of the real estate and property personnel, including oversight of:
* Financial performance
* Resident Satisfaction
* Employee recruitment, retention, engagement, and performance management
* Procurement and Property Maintenance
* Acquisition/Disposition/Development of assigned properties within portfolio
* Rehab and repositioning of assets
Implements company-wide initiatives by:
* Marshalling resources within the portfolio to remove obstacles and deliver results
* Communicating the why in order to lead change and deliver results
* Adapting company initiatives within the scope of the program to meet property-specific needs
* Provides leadership and direction to the management teams of approximately six to nine properties, ensuring that properties are operating under all applicable EQR policies, procedures and programs.
* Teaches and models good real estate and people judgment.
* Motivates staff through positive recognition and strong leadership.
* Monitors performance of portfolio, people and functional groups. Reviews and understands financial statements and property metrics to assess portfolio performance and drive business results.
* Prepares annual budget and makes recommendations regarding the operating plans and capital improvement projects for each property, and monitors budget compliance and operating plans throughout the year.
* Plays a key role at portfolio/regional meetings, presenting information pertaining to goals and/or results, employee recognition, etc.
* Collaborates with corporate departments in the implementation and monitoring of programs and processes at the properties. These include legal and audit compliance, regulatory agency compliance, risk management, safety, marketing initiatives, training, pricing, procurement, preventive maintenance, contract services, and ancillary services.
* Oversees the administration of all maintenance and leasing activities at the properties. Conducts property visits/inspections and provides direction on operations and resident issues. Interacts with residents to resolve escalated customer service issues.
* Reviews and approves reports from properties including payroll changes, payables, and status reports.
* Performs duties normally associated with a supervisory position, such as hiring, training, coaching, workforce planning, performance management, salary administration, disciplinary counseling, and termination of subordinates. Provides guidance to Property Managers on the same matters. Maintains an open door policy to address employee issues and concerns.
* Performs market analysis of competitive product and reviews results of competitive surveys with the Pricing Department to develop pricing strategies and monitor results. Communicates frequently with Area Vice President, Investments Team, and other senior management, keeping them informed of any market changes, staffing issues and capital items.
* Ensures a smooth transition during the management of property dispositions or acquisitions within assigned portfolio.
* Represents the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers, and the general public.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor limit the Companys right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
BA/BS preferred, Three to five years of multi-site property management supervision preferred, with a proven track record of financial results and leadership. Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills necessary. Strong people management and interpersonal skills a must. Travel may be required.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS
Provides direction and leadership to help teams achieve goals and operate cooperatively and cohesively.
Delivers clear, effective communication.
Uses a variety of approaches to help others develop their capabilities.
Understands the business and uses good judgment to guide it
Monitors and evaluates performance against goals and makes adjustments to achieve goals.
MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE:
Computer literacy required, along with software programs such as email, Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as telephone, facsimile and photocopier. LICENSES/ CERTIFICATION:
Must meet regulatory requirements in regards to real estate license. CPM designation or candidacy preferred. Valid drivers license and auto insurance required.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse verbally over the phone and in-person (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and easily. Able to see well enough to use the computer effectively and read written communications. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility. May be required to climb stairs depending on the property structure.
The above describes the physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the essential functions of this job. Commonly associated is not intended to mean always or only. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as required by law to enable otherwise qualified employees with a known disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Office environment. The Regional Manager will provide coverage to the Orange County and Inland Empire market.
CA-Orange County Corporate (06257)
2355 Main Street