Regional Nuage Resident Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION - REGIONAL IP RESIDENT ENGINEER
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Serves as on-site company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects/products/solutions. Has responsibility for operational quality of system equipment. Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation (Major Move, Add, Change, or Delete), as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Interprets customers needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and IP telephony/networking/ wireless networking.
Maintaining, installing, training, consulting, support, and documentation, of the equipment installed at the customer sites. Work closely with end-users in ensuring the overall satisfaction of the customer installation. Provide assistance as needed in the design and deployment of the Nokia Nuage Solution. End-to-end Product and performance evaluation. Open Cases within Nokias case tracking database, detailing Customers issues/questions and your associated response and actions. Resolve Customer product issues through research using appropriate user guides, manuals, product release notes, troubleshooting guide, and other Technical Support Engineers. Site visit could include capturing more information such as, statistics, traces, dump files, configuration files, hardware revisions, and software revisions. You will be responsible for fully understanding the configuration capabilities of the product, generating workarounds to satisfy customer requests, identifying and isolating the occurrence of product anomalies for correction by R&D. Interfaces with customers/managers in the presentation, interpretation and resolution of technical matters, will be involved in the resolution of highly complex technical problems during various phases of a project (staging, pre-cutover, implementation, cut-over). Obtaining and Maintaining Product Knowledge and Expertise. To follow all escalations from inception to closure this may involve interfacing with Level III Technical Support, R&D, and/or Pre-Sales. Provide Sales with any new selling opportunities at customer location. Work independent with minimal supervision.
Strong leadership and mentoring skills. Team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills. The ability to work with little supervisions and make good business decisions.
This position requires extended travel periods with short term advanced notice at times.
* Expert knowledge of Cloud Computing Engineering, concepts, service models (IaaS, PaaS, etc), deployment models, practical implementations, operations, security and future trends
* Experience working with Data Center hardware and management software
* Knowledge of Virtualization (compute, storage, network) e.g. VMWare, KVM
* Experience working with Cloud Management Systems: OpenStack, Cloudstack, VMware, etc.
* Experience working with major IaaS and PaaS vendors (Amazon, Rackspace, Google AppEngine, Azure)
* RESTful API Integration experience
* Multi-vendor OSS integration experience
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
* Network Management of IP and WAN networks (includes HP-OV, SNMP, and CLI knowledge).
* Knowledge of IP Networking: Security Settings, QoS, Routing Protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc.
* Software development experience is an asset, especially Internet based applications using XML, HTTP/TLS, JSON.
* Familiarity with DevOps approaches to software development and deployment
* Hands-on experience and strong background in Bridging and Routing technologies
* Strong background and experience in IP routing protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF and RIP
* Strong understanding of QoS models and marking
* Experience with LINUX/UNIX and virtual environments
* Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
NOKIA IS COMMITTED TO BUILDING A SKILLED, DIVERSE WORKFORCE REFLECTIVE OF CANADIAN SOCIETY. AS A RESULT, WE PROMOTE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND ENCOURAGE WOMEN, ABORIGINAL PERSONS, PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY OR MEMBERS OF A VISIBLE MINORITY GROUP TO APPLY.