Regional Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Regional Operations Manager reports to System Director--Access Infrastructure and is responsible for assisting in executing the Information Management vision and strategy as defined by the Office of the CIO; assisting with routine operation and delivery of information systems and processes related to local applications, field support, customer relations ; assisting in managing budgets and contracts; delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users; supporting the business goals and objectives for the IM Department and the CHRISTUS organization as a whole.
The Regional Operations Manager is also responsible for managing and maintaining all regional equipment and services. The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for the quality management and customer satisfaction within their market for all aspects of Information Management. Quality management includes Information Management systems hardware, software, applications, local area networks, wide area networks, telecommunication services, and all devices connected to these systems. The Regional Operations Manager will be responsible for day to day IM operational activities in their region and for overseeing guidelines and procedures that insure quality service delivery to all facilities based in their region.
* Regional Liaison: Serves as the operational liaison between the Enterprise IM and local Regional facilities. Meets with local management to understand and assist in developing regional requirements for information management.
* Support and Operations Management -- Provide, monitor and assure quality support for all local applications, devices, workstations, printers, etc. Conduct and report customer satisfaction ratings for regional area.
* Standards -- Ensure compliance with IM Technical and Operational standards. Work with the Regional Information Officer to analyze and recommend procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known. Ensure compliance with internal and external audits of regional I.M. environment, including Joint Commission Accreditation.
* Incident and Request Management -- Monitor and control local problem management and service requests. Manage assigned resources appropriately to ensure local problem management and service requests are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
* Vision & Strategy - Provide input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization.
* Planning & Managing - Plan, prioritize, manage and schedule projects, service requests and routine assignments. Assign technical, supervisory, administrative and financial resources to meet approved corporate and regional schedules and goals. Develop and implement effective written mechanisms to document and report on all plans, priorities, schedules and the current status of all projects and assignments. Assist with the development, implementation, communication and promotion of strategic and tactical plans.
* Budget & Financial Management - Develop and manage detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
* Staff Management - Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled information systems professionals. Terminate staff as required. Provide ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that the staff is focused committed and capable of producing expected results. Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding work experience. Establish and enforce department policies, procedures and standards.
* Applications and Systems Development - Interface with and support staff in all areas and at all levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design, development, implementation, and support of information systems. Provide technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution
* Communication - Provide effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and promote teamwork among subordinates.
* Standards - Develop and implement standards and procedures for technical problem solving tools and communication techniques. Maintain follow-up process for system deficiencies and end user trouble reports. Analyze and recommend procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
* Vendor Management - Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance.
* Contract Negotiations - Assist in the negotiation of contracts for the acquisition of information systems, including software, hardware and support services, following established processes.
* Reporting - Establish and monitor department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
* Project Management - Define boundaries, set priorities, plan, and manage multiple projects. Develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
* Teamwork - Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
* Customer Service - Lead in the development and administration of an effective Customer Service Plan which includes provisions to accept record, prioritize, assign, track, resolve and report on customer service problems and issues. Lead in the establishing of departmental programs, which promote and emphasize the commitment to exceptional customer service standards.
* Other - Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director-Access Infrastructure.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Business or related field preferred.
* An advanced Information Systems or Business degree will be considered an asset.
* Education and/or experience in relevant ITIL support and delivery processes or similar type program.
* Eight years of progressively more responsible experience in large complex information systems environments with a wide variety of Healthcare Management Information Systems applications & technologies
* Three years successful management experience in a healthcare information systems role.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
Valid Driver's License