Regional Operations Warehouse Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Automotive Technology Corporation
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith over $15 billion in sales revenue and 10, employees world-wide, our client is one of the global leaders in automotive technology, systems and components.
We are seeking a talented REGIONAL OPERATIONS WAREHOUSE MANAGER TO JOIN THEIR TEAM! You will be based at their North American Headquarters in Long Beach, California and will be responsible for managing the distribution and operations of staff in multiple regional warehouses across the United States.
If you have a Bachelor's degree and over FIVE YEARS\' OF MANAGEMENT WORK EXPERIENCE IN AN AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURING/DISTRIBUTION ENVIRONMENT, please submit your resume in Word format.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.
* Manage the distribution operations of multiple regional warehouses.
* Direct and oversee the Operations staff to ensure optimal functioning of systems and resources: reporting, budget analysis, and identifying Kaizen opportunities.
* Monitor operations to ensure safety and efficiency.
* Assist in the development of IT for the Operations team.
* Lead and direct the Operations and Support team.
* Analyze and oversee the development of systems and procedures.
* Interface with other corporate groups to maintain cohesive communications and sales' strategy.
* Oversee the supervision of personnel and equipment to assure the company goals and objectives are met.
* Ensure the accuracy and availability of the perpetual inventory in order to maintain high quality service levels to customers.
* Create budgets and forecast for operations efforts for the department.
* Deploy, execute and measure the initiatives to determine effectiveness of the programs.
* Implement strategy objectives for the operations within the department.
* Analyze, identify and monitor issues that affect growth, quality and productivity for the department.
* Supervise the associates and provide leadership and direction as needed within assigned warehouse locations.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities according to the company guidelines and policies: interviewing, hiring, training new associates; planning, reviewing, scheduling work; setting performance expectations, assessing training needs, rewarding and disciplinary functions; addressing complaints, resolving problems and tracking time and attendance.
* Ensure safety of the team while working in warehouse environment.
* Provide customer satisfaction of shipments to customers ensuring it is error free and processed within customer expectations.
* Ensure the operations team functions as a cohesive unit.
* Bachelor's degree and OVER FIVE YEARS OF MANAGEMENT WORK EXPERIENCE IN AN AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET MANUFACTURING/DISTRIBUTION ENVIRONMENT.
* Must possess the ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Minimum of five years' of experience hiring, training and mentoring a staff of six.
* Extensive experience with MS Office Suite and internet search engines.
* Working knowledge of inventory tracking software. Preferredexperience with AS400/BPCS and WMS Application.
* Possess a strong math aptitude with the ability to calculate figures and amounts.
* Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
* Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under high pressure using good judgment and a sound mind.
* Must have the ability to define program, project or process objectives and coordinate resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a timely manner.
* Provide quality management and look for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Ensure customers and suppliers are responded to promptly. Make a concentrated effort to maintain positive working relationships with customers and suppliers.
* Follow KAIZEN.
* Possess excellent "team player" qualities.