Regional Owner Sales Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position location open to the Northeast Market such as: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia or Boston
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Regional Owner Sales Manager Summary: The purpose of this position is to improve the existing Service Sales Representative (SSR) overall sales performance to existing building owners within an assigned region in the areas of maintenance agreements, quoted service and complex turnkey replacement sales. Responsible for the development of effective \\"high level\\" relationships with key owners and will lead the sales effort on key opportunities within assigned region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* May manage some or all of the Region's SSRs, evaluating and developing the performance of direct reports and provides coaching as needed.
* Improves SSR productivity within region by implementing selling strategies and provide coaching to improve selling techniques of projects, account development, pipeline management and skills development in order to enhance closure rate on all projects.
* Skilled at a consultative selling approach providing energy solutions to building owners.
* Responsible for leading the sale of new and/or expanded maintenance agreements for targeted complex service opportunities. Demonstrates financial and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment with customers.
* Responsible for sales management training to SSRs and District Managers on sales techniques and sales tools
* Focuses on demonstrating value at the executive level by providing services and solutions to new and existing owner customers in order to meet business and financial challenges.
* Differentiates Daikin Applied services and products from competitors based on business benefits and knowledge of competitor's strategies.
* Determines ownership in order to drive the sale of MCP opportunities and of major projects greater than $200,000 and implements selling strategy, proposal pricing, delivery estimates and scheduling and performance-based considerations.
* Focuses on building relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
* Assist in the recruitment of key personnel in area.
* Responsible for other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year College or university
* Professional Engineering license preferred.
* Five + years of Sales Experience
* Proficiency at SalesForce.Com
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Order processing systems and Database software.
* Manages 1-15 direct reports. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled