Regional Project Engineering Manager 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: Regional Project Engineering Manager
The Regional Project Engineering Manager must be willing to travel up to 50%. Will coordinate, plan, organize and direct the engineering support for multiple facilities the region with specific focus on the following areas:
* Develop scope, estimates, schedules, detailed plans, and cost justification for major capital projects.
* Ensure consistency of engineering and design practices across regions. Specific experience in sanitary equipment and facility design for food manufacturing is required.
* Ensure that project designs support the company best practices for HAACP, food safety and quality programs.
* Track, summarize and report capital project status regularly to senior management, helping to ensure that projects are meeting defined scope, budget and schedule objectives.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT SUPPORT:
* Providing technical support to each facility Maintenance Department to assist in problem solving, project management, and budgeting.
* Assist the facilities in diagnosing and solving problems.
CONTINUOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT:
* This position will partner with senior level management and the CI Director to assess current practices and identify process improvement opportunities. It will also assist in selection, scope development and prioritization of Continuous Improvement projects including review of resource utilization across the business to meet strategic and operational performance objectives.
* Act as a key driver of operational excellence within the business, supporting management and cross functional decisions by communicating company-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business's needs.
* Providing technical support to the facility CPI Team for both non-capital expense projects and capital related initiatives.
Requried Education and Experience:
* B.S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering.
* Minimum of ten years of engineering and project management experience in manufacturing. Preferably fresh produce or food processing. Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, equipment design and systems engineering.
* Proficiency in project management is required. PMP certification is a plus.
* Certification in LEAN manufacturing or continuous process improvement is a plus.
DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* Design preparation, equipment specifications and capital estimates for process upgrades, facility expansions, modifications to existing systems and installation/commissioning of new assets.
* Provide methods, equipment recommendations and standard operating practices to optimize processes and meet product specifications.
* Provide senior level project management skills and services to ensure successful capital project implementations.
* Establish contractor requirements and skills required for capital projects.
* Facilitate training as necessary.
* Strong finance acumen with experience supporting strategic and tactical cost reduction initiatives.
* Proficiency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
NOTE: This position has a travel component - Approximately 20% to 2 other facilities in FL and PA.
Please forward me a copy of your updated resume to schedule a call with our client asap.