Regional Records Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
Sidley Austin LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Under limited direct supervision, this individual is responsible for utilizing in-depth knowledge of established records management theory to develop, maintain and implement efficient systems and practices for the creation, use, maintenance and disposition of clients and administrative records.
He/she will manage the local office implementation of and compliance with the Firm s Records Management program. He/she will represent the local office s concerns and unique needs when contributing to the refinement of the Records Management program and strategy.
This individual will develop strong working relationships with the local office s lawyers, paralegals, secretaries and administrative management to understand their records management needs and working practices. He/she will drive change needed in working practices to accomplish the objectives of the Records Management Program and strategy, including the adoption of electronic recordkeeping practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain a hands-on approach to managing the records management operations for designated office or offices, ensure lawyers, paralegals, secretaries and administrative management are supported, leading practices for records management are followed; and the Firm s exposure to records risk issues is avoided.
* Serve as office s subject matter expert and internal consultant on records management.
* Logically analyze records management issues and offer solutions to correct and/or prevent reoccurrence of the issues.
* Consult with lawyers, legal assistants, secretaries and administrative management on records management issues, includes the creation and maintenance of electronic files.
* Identify office projects and coordinate resources to ensure successful completion of projects.
* Participate in, and occasionally lead, Firm-wide projects. Work collaboratively with peer Records Managers in support of Firm or local office directives and projects.
* Manage the effect of office changes of the Records Management program and strategy.
* Manage Records Management department staff which serve the daily records management needs of the office. Set performance expectations, develop professional growth plans, provide ongoing performance feedback and complete annual performance reviews for Records Management department staff.
* Recommend staffing changes, including new positions. Recruit and recommend new hires. Recommend employment terminations, if necessary.
* Manage active and inactive records systems and centers.
* Oversee transfer of records to outside records storage vendor.
* Promote the utilization of LegalKEY. Responsible for the quality of LegalKEY data.
* Process and coordinating the transfer of matter records for departing attorneys.
* Process and coordinating intake of matter records for incoming attorneys.
* Responsible for securing hardcopy files subject to ethical and confidential screens.
* Manage records retention and disposition process in compliance with the Firm s records retention policy, includes coordination of activities with off-site records storage vendors.
* Responsible for ensuring that records subject to an Office of General Counsel document hold are identified and preserved. Implement the document hold release process for the resumption of records destruction.
* Manage security and protection of the Firm s records held in on-site and off-site storage facilities.
* Manage annual records inventory/audit of all hardcopy records managed by the office.
* Plan, develop and conduct records management education sessions in conjunction with the Training Department, including office s new lawyer and employee orientations.
* Monitor service level agreements with service providers. Raise performance issues and secure resolution.
* Track key performance indicators and prepare reports for Director of Records Management, Director of Administration and other firm management that measure the state of the office s Records Management program
* Measure and report office s compliance with the Firm s Records Management Program requirements
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* College degree or equivalent in position-related educational courses and seminars
* Minimum of five years of records management, information governance or related experience, with minimum of three years supervisory and/or management experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
* Professional designation as a Certified Records Manager (CRM)
* Proficient in records or content management applications such as iManage or LegalKEY Records Management
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
* Required to occasionally lift and move records storage boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer