Regional Sales Director
REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
This position is accountable for regional revenue generation of Account Executives; the management, development and implementation of all sales strategies, tools and activities; providing direction and management to sales; and maximizing product/services satisfaction with new and existing customers within assigned region.
* Working with sales teams in assigned region; overseeing all activities related to driving business and building sales pipelines. Activities include Account Strategies, Assignments, Opportunity Reviews, Market Assessments, and Partner Relations.
* Participates in sales activities, including strategic account management, with large account customers, performs sales presentations, ensures needed resources are available, keeps informed of customer needs and offers big-picture solutions.
* Works with Datalink teams to develop, present and close Solution sales wrapped with Services engagements and opportunities.
* Hire, develop, mentor and support training initiatives for regional sales Account Executives; conducting performance reviews and development plans.
* Participate in implementing corporate goals and strategies and provide critical input to align the company with current and future sales objectives.
* Manage budget and operational expenses to Field Ops profitability.
* Remains informed of Datalink s /Vendors products and services in order to more effectively perform sales activities and stay abreast of current industry technologies.
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or 4 years related industry experience in lieu of degree
* 2+ years in a Field Sales Management/Director role.
* 10+ years proven sales experience in the data storage industry required
* Established relationships with key vendors
* Experience in building and managing distribution systems and multiple sales sites.
* Knowledge in the financial processes and requirements associated with managing a sales territory.
* Ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
* Experience in developing and implementing sales strategies.
* Effective communication skills with customers, prospects, partners and colleagues at all levels.
* Public Speaking, Behavioral and Motivations Training, Leadership, Consultative Selling, Hiring
* Able to travel up to 100% of the time
LOCATIONS Dallas, TX
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.