Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Manages sales activities of a territory by performing the following duties.
* Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
* Educates engineers, contractors and code officials located in the respective territory. This includes the features, benefits and application of the products.
* Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
* Compiles trip reports and follow-up on specific action items listed in these reports.
* Circulates management and appropriate support personnel.
* Resolves customer disputes. Provides closure, minimizes repercussions, and looks for opportunity to grow future sales when involved in these disputes.
* Works with Product Marketing personnel to keep account activities and literature up to date.
* Listens and reports related news including competition, new products and new markets.
* Coordinates customer visits.
* Participates in local and national product shows.
* Works with product development (2) competitive performance analysis; (3) feature accessory analysis; (4) overview of strengths or weaknesses compared to competitors.
* Meets with key clients, assists sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
* Participates in industry related association committees
* Develops strategies both macro and micro to maximize business potential.
* Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
* Identifies and finds solutions to field application problems using experience and other departments as resources.
* Develops and presents presentations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in Sales/Marketing, Engineering or Business Management; and a minimum of three years' experience in the HVAC industry (preferably within the rooftop accessory market) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent reputation with the distributor and OEM supplier industry required.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office (or equivalent); experience with pricing software and Oracle preferred.
* Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends.
* Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required achieving internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Must possess strong selling and closing skills with the ability to deliver on products and services offered.
* Other skills required include excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Approximately 50% to 75% travel required.