Regional Sales Manager - Retail & Deli - Western Region
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Regional Sales Manager is a direct sales management position with a pre-established direct and Food Broker Sales network. This position will also call on new and existing regional accounts and will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing business as well as generating new accounts. In this position you will be responsible for interacting with the entire Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division team and will have financial responsibility to maintain and grow the Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division base business within the region. This position is responsible for directing all elements of the sales process within the region from direct sales presentations, customer business reviews to direct sales and broker training and evaluations.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
* Conducts direct sales training and presentations with key customer and food brokers.
* Partners with customers and perform business reviews on a regular basis.
* Performs operator training and sales presentations when needed.
* Provides broker training and evaluates broker performance on a regular basis.
* Will act as a technical representative to the customer, providing training and creating sales presentations, providing solutions to business issues that face the customer.
* Leads the coordination of multiple resources to successfully close sales on new accounts.
* Develop regional sales plan and sets strategy for region.
* Responsible for forecasting the sales volume for your region.
* Fiscal responsibility to work within an assigned budget.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree from a regionally accredited college or university required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 + years progressive consumer products experience required.
* 3 to 5 years of Broker Management experience required.
* Must demonstrate sales planning, forecasting and sales execution experience.
* Must demonstrate ability to use sales, trade and marketing concepts and methods in the sales environment.
* Must show proven ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships with customers and functional groups.
* Must show aptitude to effectively interpret and use multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and options.
* Must have strong negotiation skills.
* Must have experience in trade spending management; Blacksmith experience preferred.
* Proficient in spreadsheet and presentation software; problem solver; well-developed organizational, communication and time management skills.
* Must be willing to travel 50% of the time.
This job may have supervisory responsibility for the Area Sales Manager and/or Key Account Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Corporate working environment.
* Noise level in the work environment is moderate.