Regional Sales Manager - Fixed Instruments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 5/3/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
This position plans, and coordinates sales activity for Scott Safety's fixed gas detection and breathing products within the territory. Responsible for achieving revenue growth through seeking out, setting up, training, directing, assisting, and counseling the top selling channels in the assigned region. Ensure market channel focus, penetration of key markets and end user accounts, and achieve distribution quotas. This position requires bi-lingual written and verbal communication.
* Achieve sales growth and margin targets
* Regional or Territory travel 60-75%
* Provide sales and product support to sales channels
* Establish sales channels to insure market channel focus, penetration of key markets and end user accounts, and achieve distribution quotas
* Evaluate current product mix, new product concepts, marketing strategies, competitive conditions and the changing marketplace to insure achievement of Scotts growth objectives
* Establish and coordinate with the regions sales channel network, Scotts business plans inclusive of target accounts, action plans, and annual objectives.
* Advise sales channels of price schedules, discount/commission rates, promotional advertising programs, and potential markets.
* Assist sales channels in the implementation of company sales campaigns and promotional programs.
* Conduct product informational and training seminars with sales channels inside/outside sales teams, and customer users to alert these customers of new Scott products and changes in applicable standards, regulations, legal requirements relevant to our products.
* Submit information from sales channels and end users to assist the company in programs and product improvements to enhance Scotts position in the marketplace as required.
* Submit information from sales channels and end users to assist the company in resolving complaints, concerns and conferences providing liaison between sales channels and customer users.
* Perform within the annual regional expense budgets
* Ensure compliance of Johnson Control's business ethics policies, trade compliance regulation and local laws in conducting all business activities
* Prepare sales activity reports to senior management. Provide price quotations/proposals and price negotiations for sales channels and customers.
* Participate at industry conventions, trade shows, workshops and public forums.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
* Comprehensive knowledge of sales channels and associated processes
* Comprehensive knowledge of the industrial gas and flame detection industry
* Sales strategy development
* Broad understanding of general business and management practices
* Highly developed creativity skills and resourcefulness to manage sales functions
* Develop personal relationships and network throughout the industry
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to solve practical problems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree (B.S.) in marketing, business administration or engineering preferred
* Minimum five years related job experience
* Experience in automation, industrial instrumentation or process control equipment industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.