Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing sales strategies within the region to achieve profitability. Oversees territory sales through active management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and manages the assigned sales staff's selling capabilities within an assigned geographic region. Monitors and maintains sales goals.
* Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
* Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals, as necessary.
* Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs.
* Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
* Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
* Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
* Maintains contact with existing regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
* Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
* Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
* Inputs contacts into the CRM software to track progress.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
* Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
* Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
* Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
* Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
* Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
* Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
* Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
* Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
* Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in business, business management, marketing, engineering technology, or a related field (required).
* Seven to ten years of relevant experience in sales, product management, or a related field (required).
* Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.