Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Fuquay Varina, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE Connectivity's Energy business has a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) position available in Fuquay-Varina, NC. The RSM is reponsible for driving territory sales growth by developing relationships with key strategic list of accounts and improve sales and engineering project pipeline and closure of the projects into sales. This role will also manage a team of Area Sales Managers with a focus on utility, industrial and OEM accounts for the east coast market. This position reports to the Director of Sales Americas.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Develop monthly sales territory and account plans to achieve assigned targets.
* Develop, maintain and improve business relations with all customers. Deploys Strategic Account Alignment Process to identify and develop new customers and new sales opportunities.
* Collect and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned region providing input during monthly business review.
* Participate in sales activities including: customer site visits, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management.
* Execute planned activities and documents in Salesforce.com. Manages all opportunities utilizing SFDC and following standard sales process steps.
* Prepare and presents a monthly funnel review utilizing SFDC to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base.
* Prepare quarterly forecast by accurately managing opportunity dates, dollar value and probabilities.
* Manage team of Area Sales Managers and manufacturer s representative network.
* Document, track and report on progress to management, weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews.
* Formulate growth strategy for territory including customer base of utility, OEM and electrical distribution channel.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field is preferred. B.S. in Business with applicable experience will also be considered.
* 8+ years Sales Management experience (Utility and OEM) with experience in Energy.
* Experience managing large high performance sales organization.
* Ability to successfully lead and develop diverse teams in a complex matrix environment.
* Industry knowledge and business acumen on commercial sales is required.
* Proven track record of success developing and executing sales strategy.
* Experience working within an S&OP business process framework.
* Ability to communicate effective (written and verbally).
* Able to present sales/business strategy to all levels of management in clear and concise manner.
* Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams to facilitate sales growth (e.g. product management, Quality, Field Application Engineering, Factories, etc.).
* Experience in contract analysis and management skills.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to build strong relations with both internal and external groups.
* Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
* Self-starter; can execute without minimum supervision and has the ability to challenge assumptions and communicate vision and purpose.
* Ability to manage deadlines and challenging targeting.
* Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plan.
* Has a track record of growing sales and minimizing price erosion.
* Experience to sell at multiple levels within customer's organization.