Regional Sales Manager
If you have an ENTREPRENEURIAL spirit and enjoy BUILDING and LEADING a team to develop a portfolio of business in a thriving market we want to hear from you!
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE HAS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO MANAGE AND BUILD OUR PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL OFFICE!
Our client is OpenWorks, one of America's leading and fastest-growing Integrated Facility Services companies providing customized cleaning solutions for more than 30 years.
The Sales Manager leads the day-to-day functions and processes of the Outside Sales, Franchise Sales, and Operations departments within the assigned region in order to meet and exceed organizational goals and objectives. This includes:
* Developing sales goals and driving team members to over deliver on expectations through solid leadership and mentoring skills to enroll and engage sales professionals in the overall plan.
* Ensuring sales plan numbers and individual sales quotas are achieved, monthly.
* Connecting with people where they are, identifying their strengths and areas for improvement, and building strategies that help them to achieve excellence.
* Leading by example. Our managers not only create sales plans, they help implement them.
* Quickly developing rapport with others as an outgoing go-getter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
* Celebrating and sharing successes.
* The right candidate will be comfortable starting up a new office and growing the region to include, but not limited to, the duties listed below.
* Conduct ride-alongs with Account Executives
* Review, edit and provide feedback to Account Executives on bids
* Assist salespeople in closing deals
* Ensure sales plan numbers and individual sales quotas are achieved, monthly
* Ensure customer satisfaction and retention
* Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual planned account retention objectives are achieved
* Conduct ride-alongs with District Managers
* Advise or assist in the resolution of escalated customer issues
* Ensure franchisee satisfaction and retention
* Assist franchisees in developing business plans
* Facilitate franchisee stage development and growth
* Conduct franchisee business meetings and help resolve any escalated issues
* Provide backup to Franchise Licensing Manager with UFOC, disclosure and licensing process
* Provide encouragement, rewards and recognition to employees throughout the region
* Perform weekly tactical meetings with all direct reports to review essential duties and projects
* Ensure regular performance review with regional employees
* Identify, communicate and coach performance improvement areas
* Perform sales activities to ensure plan numbers are met, regardless of staffing levels
* Assess training needs of existing employees and conduct or arrange for ongoing employee training
STAFFING AND RETENTION:
* Coordinate with Human Resources and ensure optimal staffing levels through networking and continuous recruitment
* Ensure proper candidate selection by interviewing and evaluating candidates
* Maintain or exceed targeted retention goals
* Identify and communicate (from both internal and external sources) Best Practices that can be used throughout the company
PERSONAL SALES GENERATION:
* Generate referrals for account and franchise sales
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
THE TALENTS AND SKILLS WE PREFER FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Desired Education and/or Experience:
* BA/BSdegree in business or related field required.
* Minimum 5 years of management experience with a combination of sales and operations management experience, including experience managing sales teams and the overall responsibility for a region or business unit.
* Previous responsibility/accountability with Profit and Loss.
* THREE YEARS OF BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS (B2B) SALES EXPERIENCE IN A SERVICE-BASED INDUSTRY.
* Experience in solution or consultative selling.
* Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and listening skills.
* Outstanding people skills, including using tact, insight, and courtesy when dealing with people at all levels.
* Excellent leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, coach, and counsel others.
* A solid comfort level and experience in cold calling and making customer presentations.
* The ability to motivate, influence, and persuade others by identifying their individual needs and motivations and then linking them to the goals.
* A history of effectively managing a team of account executives to achieve individual sales and production goals.