Regional Sales Manager - IA, MI, MN, ND, SD & WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Regional Sales Manager IA, MI, MN, ND, SD & WI
* Provide balanced sales coverage of accounts in your territory.
* Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Account Executive to achieve sales goals.
* Achieve an established new sales quota each fiscal year for EBSCO Information Services products.
* Qualify customer s needs, have quotes and pricing prepared, and coordinate with the Account Executive to set up trials when appropriate.
* Travel: (70%); including attendance of conferences and sales meetings as deemed necessary by Sales Management.
* Achieve an expert level of knowledge of EBSCO Information Services product s and competition.
* Provide input from the market for product development and marketing purposes.
* Develop sales strategies and a territory plan to help you achieve overall sales of EBSCO Information Services products.
* Average a minimum of 40 face-to-face visits per month with prospects and/or customers.
* Schedule an office day each Friday and maintain administration tasks.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelors degree
* Two (2) years of true sales experience, previous experience selling into the schools and public library field is preferred. Retail does not qualify.
* Ability and willingness to travel 70% depending on need and time of year.
* Applicants must currently live in the territory, Minnesota or Wisconsin preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook.
* Knowledge of CRM systems and WEBEX technology.
* Strong understanding of computers and research.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Travel experience in current position preferred, demonstrated by ability to prioritize and territory management.
* Cold calling experience.
* Must have proven communication, follow-up, and sales skills.
* Must demonstrate strong initiative.
* Ability to operate a company vehicle, subject to motor vehicle background check.
* Must have a valid driver s license and solid driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.